Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Re: Nighthawk MK62 - Port forward list empty

Potzo
Initiate

Nighthawk MK62 - Port forward list empty

Model: MK62

As title says, custom added ports under "Port Forwarding / Port Triggering" are not showing up.

Therefore, I can't even delete or edit the added items anymore.

But if I try to add already added port, it says it's there.

I have the latest firmware, but it's not fixed.

Here's how it looks like:

https://i.imgur.com/3oFYuD3.png 

Message 1 of 10
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Potzo, 

May you provide us with the current firmware version your devices are on. You may also try a different web browser to access your admin page.

Christian 

Message 2 of 10
Potzo
Initiate

Firmware Version V1.0.4.98_2.0.42

Same happens in Firefox, Edge and Safari.

Message 3 of 10
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Potzo, 

May you send me a private message with your email, phone, and serial number. I'd like for our support team to reach out to you for further investigation. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 4 of 10
koko2870
Tutor

I am also having the same issue with my port forwarding list since my last firmware upgrade. it only shows one of the services prev defined and I cannot add the others because it says they exist. i cannot delete and re-enter them either.

firmware vers: V1.0.4.96_2.0.41

Message 5 of 10
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

HI koko2870, 

Please send me a private message with the requested info I mentioned earlier in the thread. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 6 of 10
knightz01
Apprentice

Hi Guys,

MK63 - Firmwares 1.0.4.98(Stable & using) - 1.0.5.102(Disconnects) - 1.0.6.102(Disconnects) 

Hope this helps, I have already sent one unit back after support said that the issue was due to the hardware, so on the new unit I managed to unfortunately replicate the problem very quickly, this is my temp work around (below3) and hopefully will help the firmware techs & others???

1) Add port forwarding / Save(all ok) then Reserve an IP address for my server and hit save(Breaks port forwarding & cannot see to change)

2) Revert to factory default

3) Reserve IP addresses / Save(all ok) then add port forwarding / save(all ok) and everything works

I backed up my settings of described above(3) then reserved another IP address proving above (1)  and then just reloaded the backup and all is ok.

Kev

Message 7 of 10
koko2870
Tutor

Thanks for the workaround but at this point I'm about to give up on this mesh system and go with another company.  This is the second time that an update for this mesh system has broken something or wiped out my setup.  Not to mention that this product seems to have some very serious connectivity issues (dropping internet connections, etc).  Not very well tested before release.  maybe they are just putting all the good stuff into Orbi.

Netgear used to have pretty reliable products but lately the stuff I've bought (extenders, etc.) have had lots of issues.

Message 8 of 10
knightz01
Apprentice

@koko2870 

Tech support are now live on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5SbPo5tbLg

I use firmware Version 1.0.4.98 with nil dropouts. Kev

@koko2870 wrote:

Thanks for the workaround but at this point I'm about to give up on this mesh system and go with another company.  This is the second time that an update for this mesh system has broken something or wiped out my setup.  Not to mention that this product seems to have some very serious connectivity issues (dropping internet connections, etc).  Not very well tested before release.  maybe they are just putting all the good stuff into Orbi.

Netgear used to have pretty reliable products but lately the stuff I've bought (extenders, etc.) have had lots of issues.

Message 9 of 10
koko2870
Tutor

Reverted back to 1.0.4.98 but still no port fwd settings showing & can't re-add them because it says it already exists.  don't want to reset my network (again) and recreate all my settings.  I already had to do it with the last firmware upgrade that wiped it out.

This system isn't worth the hassles.  Looking for a replacement.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7