Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Nighthawk MR60 Mesh Network - Device Offline

GE_Nupe_2
Follower

Nighthawk MR60 Mesh Network - Device Offline

Nighthawk MR60 and 2 MS60s

I recently updated the Androis App to version 2.12.6.1824 and the router and satelites to firmware version v1.1.6.122 and i have noticed that some devices are now showing in the device manager in the app Device offline.  Particularly alarming is my 2 satellites are showing offline.  When I look at the satellites in the network map the show have a green dot and are appear to be in serial connection.  Satellite 1 connected to the router and Satellite 2 connected to Satellite 1.  When I click on either of the satellites they show no devices connected. I am trying to reconnect my existing google home and is says there is a network and won't connect.  I look up the device in the device manager and it shows device is offline with no iP address.    Do I need to revert back to an older version of the firmware, if so, is it difficult to do?  Additionally, my son's PS5 connection speed had dropped significantly prior to my updates which prompted me to update all my firmware in the firstplace and his system is still not as fast as it was in the prior few weeks.

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Nighthawk MR60 Mesh Network - Device Offline

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Nighthawk App product. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Nighthawk App and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general router" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/bd-p/en-home-networking-apps

I'd try a full factory reset on the MR and MS and setup from scratch using a wired PC and web browser. Uninstall the Nighthawk app from the mobile device. After the MR and MS are setup fully. Re-install the NH app and log in to the system and check the staus. 

Theres been others complaining about the NH app now working in the device manager tile...

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Nighthawk MR60 Mesh Network - Device Offline

Any progress on this? 

@GE_Nupe_2 wrote:

Nighthawk MR60 and 2 MS60s

I recently updated the Androis App to version 2.12.6.1824 and the router and satelites to firmware version v1.1.6.122 and i have noticed that some devices are now showing in the device manager in the app Device offline.  Particularly alarming is my 2 satellites are showing offline.  When I look at the satellites in the network map the show have a green dot and are appear to be in serial connection.  Satellite 1 connected to the router and Satellite 2 connected to Satellite 1.  When I click on either of the satellites they show no devices connected. I am trying to reconnect my existing google home and is says there is a network and won't connect.  I look up the device in the device manager and it shows device is offline with no iP address.    Do I need to revert back to an older version of the firmware, if so, is it difficult to do?  Additionally, my son's PS5 connection speed had dropped significantly prior to my updates which prompted me to update all my firmware in the firstplace and his system is still not as fast as it was in the prior few weeks.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7