Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Nighthawk MR60 and Remote Desktop Connection

Lloydian
Follower

Nighthawk MR60 and Remote Desktop Connection

I've seen multiple threads about this subject, but none actually solving it. Here's the situation. We are using this mesh system to replace the ASUS router that was in place previously. With the ASUS router, we had no issues with remotely connecting, but we can't with this router. I can't decide if I've configured it incorrectly or if the built in firewall is blocking everything.

The two computers are listening on ports 3385 and 3386 respectively. Within the office they have static IP addresses. I've set up custom port forwarding services for both of them on the router with the same internal and external port, and identifying the correct internal IP addresses.

Does a firewall block traffic on those ports? If so, how do I turn it off? I don't see anything that addresses this. On WAN setup, I see "Disable Port Scan and DoS Protection," but checking that box did not solve the problem. Should I have used a different port forwarding method?

I'd like to use these mesh routers, but if they simply don't work, I can't.

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Nighthawk MR60 and Remote Desktop Connection

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the NightHawk MESH products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with NH MESH products and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this router forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Mesh-System/bd-p/en-home-nighthawk-mesh-system

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7