Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Re: Nighthawk MR60 satellite issue connecting after brown out

Jeff-Dalton
Tutor

Nighthawk MR60 satellite issue connecting after brown out

I have owned the Nighthawk MR60 mesh system for about 10 months.  My system has two satellites which worked perfectly for extending the range of my WiFi in my Large footprint home.  The system worked trouble free since installation.  Two weeks ago we had a series of blackouts due to storm and one night had brown out with lower than normal power coming into home and devices.  My main router still works fine, but my satellites will no longer connect, even when moved directly next to the router.  I looked through the owner manual and tried all the trouble shooting advice to no avail. I would hate to have to replace the system if anyone has a solution I might be missing.

Message 1 of 8

i don't think it's the brown out.  It most likely updated firmware when it rebooted.  

I had the same problem.  Internet kept turning off and rebooting.  I was able to solve it with customer support but thought i'd document it and post it here. There should be an attachment that is poorly put together but will give you the basic steps. It's so frustrating that the satellites don't update with the router.  

I've also set my router to not do automatic updates which mean i'll have to remember to go in and look for them.

Message 2 of 8
Jeff-Dalton
Tutor

Thank you for posting a reply.  I will try it out this weekend and post if it worked.

Message 3 of 8
Jeff-Dalton
Tutor

Thank you again for trying to help me with my issue.  Sadly, it did not work.  When I got to the step under:  Advanced>Administration>Router update, my satellites did not show, only my router.  Since you had lead me to the sign in, I tried going under  Basic>Add Netgear Satellite.  I went through the steps  hoping it would be able to rediscover my satellites, but that did not work either.  Since they are no longer identifyable  on my system, I can't update the software to match.

Message 4 of 8
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Jeff-Dalton,

May you factory reset your Nighthawk mesh system units and see if you're able to sync/update the firmware on your satellites.

Christian 

Message 5 of 8
Jeff-Dalton
Tutor

I pushed the reset button on both satellite units, but that did not help.

Message 6 of 8
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Jeff-Dalton,

Please send me a private message with the following info and I'll have our support team reach out. 

Email:

Phone:

Preferred Contact Time: (including time zone)

Serial Number: 

Router Firmware Version:

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 7 of 8
Vanabhi_us
Aspirant

I am having the same issue with my MR60 Satellite after a power outage and a subsequent internet disruption. Why can’t Netgear post a fix on this forum so that people don’t have to spend hours digging through posts. Very disappointed with support on a costly product and the lack of stability after disruptions.
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7