Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Nighthawk Mesh 6 WiFi Router vulnerabiity software update needed

Jasm61
Initiate

Nighthawk Mesh 6 WiFi Router vulnerabiity software update needed

I just bought the Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6 system AX1800 MK63. The app is telling me that the router is vulnerable and at high risk from cyber threats.  They recommend I check for the latest manufacturer software updates.  It already did that on its own during the set up plus I've already done that and still there's no change.  How do I fix this?

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Nighthawk Mesh 6 WiFi Router vulnerabiity software update needed

Hello Jasm61,

If you recently purchased the device I would recommend contacting our support team as newly purchased devices are provided with 90 days of complimentary support. You may open a ticket by registering your device using the link below. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Christian 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Jasm61,

If you recently purchased the device I would recommend contacting our support team as newly purchased devices are provided with 90 days of complimentary support. You may open a ticket by registering your device using the link below. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Christian 

Message 2 of 3
Jasm61
Initiate

Thanks Christian! I was looking for a number to contact them but couldn't find it; your link to open a case was really helpful. It turns out that it was the Armor that was causing the vulnerability issue plus it started blocking some websites that I knew were good. I removed the Armor and the issues stopped. I was also told that Armor isn't necessary to keep the router or my internet safer; it's just an anti virus add-on like many others - that costs extra money after 30 days.

Again, thanks for your help 🙂
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7