Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Nighthawk Mesh IPv6 not working

yasser732
Follower

Nighthawk Mesh IPv6 not working

I recently bought a Nighthawk Mesh MK83 system and have been trying to set up IPv6. For some reason, on my MK83, IPv6 doesn't work at all. On my old R7000, IPv6 worked flawlessly using the DHCP setting, but on the MK83, the same setting doesn't work. The only difference I see is on my R7000 is the "Router's IPv6 Address On LAN" ends in a /64, but on the MK83, it ends in a /124 for some reason. It should be /64, but is for some reason getting /124. The "Router's IPv6 Address On WAN" still ends in /64 though. Tried downgrading the firmware to original release and a couple versions back and resetting the router, but the same problem. Anyone else have any idea what's going on? Using Cox Cable internet.

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk Mesh IPv6 not working

What modem/gateway are you connected to? 

I wouldn't be surprised if there was issues. I've been having ipv6 issues with my 9 series orbi as well. and if you search the forums, you'll find a lot of ipv6 issues. I think they borked something in their ipv6 firmware settings. 

Did you try ipv6 passthrough? or are you just using auto-detect?

Message 2 of 3
Purple0747
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk Mesh IPv6 not working

Hey, I'm the person who had the problem (someone posted it from Reddit). I am connected to an Arris SB6141 modem that I purchased. I tried IPv6 passthrough, but none of my devices get an IPv6 address (I'm assuming it doesn't work with Cox). "Auto Config" also has the same problem. Auto detect simply detects DHCP, which is what used on my R7000 which had no problems. Really hope Netgear can fix their IPv6 issues as even the first firmware from a year ago doesn't seem to work. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7