Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Re: Nighthawk Mesh MR60 Satellite connection issues

bpietranton
Follower

Nighthawk Mesh MR60 Satellite connection issues

Hello All,

I have receently purcheed the Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6 System. I hooked everything up a couple days ago without any issues. The system worked perfectly and I saw drastic improvement. Just yesterday one of the satellites the system came without is unable to connect to the system showing the amber color light. One of the other satellites is working fine. I have tried to reconnect the satellite to both the router & the other working satellite without any luck. 

I have been unable to find a similar issue and have gone through all the troubleshoot instructions. All firmware is upto date.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Message 1 of 7
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi bpietranton,

Welcome to the community! If you recently purchased the device I would recommend contacting our support team as newly purchased devices are provided with 90 days of complimentary support. You may open a ticket by registering your device using the link below. 

http://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Christian 

Message 2 of 7

Check to see if your router and satellites are on the same firmware version. Mine is having the same issue but they are on different firmware versions and the satellites are not updating.
Message 3 of 7
ericanam
Initiate

How do you check firmware of satelite?  I also having issues connecting the satelite to the main router unit.

Message 4 of 7
stephen_p
Initiate

Works well, when it works. Mine was good for about 4 months, then satellites stopped connecting. Wasted a lot of time. Netgear support is a disgrace. After your free 90 days of support you are basically on your own unless you want to pay them more money. Otherwise you will have to rely on these forums. From what I could find even the people who had support tickets were getting very slow responses and were usually told to turn off the wifi 6 features to make it work or make all kinds of tweaks you shouldn't have to do to make a product work.

Bottom line is this product is not reliable and Netgear will not help you fix it. I had to turn off the satellites so now have much slower speed in my office. Total waste of money, would never buy Netgear again.

Hope you can find a fix!

Message 5 of 7
notgear1
Aspirant

on netgear app, select unit then details. will find firmware version.

Message 6 of 7
Wldbear
Initiate

I recently ran into the same problem. The update failed on one Satellite, and then it would only blink white. Resets didn't help, and it wouldn't connect to the main router so I couldn't update it. The fix was in the artcle https://kb.netgear.com/000059633/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-TFTP-client. The only difference was I had to push out the file, then unplug and replug in while holding the reset button. Once the light turned amber I let go. After about a minute or so the white light stopped flashing and went to amber, then to blue. All connected again.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7