Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6 and 2.4gHz hardware

TexARC
Guide

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6 and 2.4gHz hardware

The "Model" dropdown does not support the Nighthawk Mesh Router MR60 for some reason, I cannot ascertain what it should be.  

The firmware is Firmware Version V1.0.6.102_2.0.45 . 

I cannot get my 2.4gHz devices to all reliably connect, particularly NEST cameras.  

During setup of the router last night, it offered to separate the two frequency radios 2.4gHz and 5gHz.  I stupidly allowed the wizard to use the same SSID for both.   The install went smoothly and I was able to get the router to see the two MS60s, and get access for my TV and recorder. 

Today I went to get the NEST cameras logged in since they didn't link up, and they refuse to.  I thought, gee, what I need to do is go through setup again, and give the 2.4gHz SSID a different name, that would let me at least identify what SSID the cameras should TRY to connect to.  

I have done the factory reset, but it no longer offers the separate named SSIDs for the two radios.  I've ERASED from advanced tab and I've used a paperclip on the reset button for 10 seconds, for 30 seconds, and while it forces me into the Nighthawk phone app to configure logins, the option to rename the SSIDs never shows. 

Is there some way I can go back in the setup to identify the 2.4gHz by a different name than the 5gHz? 

I finally found the manual online, there is absolutely NO manual in the box, just a card leading me to the Nighthawk app for my phone.  Every time I start IT, it forces me to log in as if I was creating a new account - username, password, answer two different questions.  Irritating but not fatal.  

Message 1 of 2
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6 and 2.4gHz hardware

Hello TexARC,

If you recently purchased the device I would recommend contacting our support team as newly purchased devices are provided with 90 days of complimentary support. You may open a ticket by registering your device using the link below. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Christian 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7