Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6 dropping problems

ITchallenged
Aspirant

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6 dropping problems

I have a Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6 system M63.   It was installed about a month ago and worked very well for the first two weeks.  Since then, the satelites keep dropping computers (2.4) and the single printer (2.4).  It just dropped my iPhone.  I just added app and am not sure if its been dropping the phone before I added app.  I've gone through Netgear documentation and they don't even seem to include this problem in their troubleshooting section.  I can't find anything on their website either.  I notice that there are several mentions of similar problems posted in this forum.  I don't know whether all  devices are 2.4 - at least one iPhone is listed as 5.0 on app and I don't know if that is the one dropping.  The traffic meter and guest wifi are Off.  The Network Map shows the devices in series: Internet ...  MR60 router ... Satellite-2 ... Satellite-2.  When connected, the Internet Speed is indicated to be very fast.  I have no idea what firmware I am running and no idea how to check to find out.  Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.  My wife is advocating that we replace this brand new system with another brand and I hate to waste the money spent on this system if it can be fixed.  I've never had problems with any of my previous Netgear products.  Many thanks

Message 1 of 3
knightz01
Apprentice

Re: Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6 dropping problems

@ITchallenged

First of all try rebooting your router this normally sorts out the gremlims for a while,

To check your firmware version

1) Open nighthawk app / hit top left home / settings / router settings / firmware version

OR

2) login to 192.168.1.1 or http://www.routerlogin.com or http://www.routerlogin.net

and look top left, you must be on the same wifi and not behind a vpn.

Kev

Message 2 of 3
ITchallenged
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6 dropping problems

Many thanks for the reply.  Your instructions were clear and easy to follow.  The app indicates I am running firmware version V1.0.6.102.  

I have been rebooting the router but if it is reducing the drops, the effect does not seem to last very long.  

Your kind assistance is appreciated.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7