Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Re: Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6 system MK63, AX1800 Satellite causing network loss over wifi

Alevine1nc
Tutor

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6 system MK63, AX1800 Satellite causing network loss over wifi

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6 system MK63, AX1800
I’ve had the system for about a week. Tonight we discovered that throughout was down to < 1 mbps using google speed test. My son is a gamer and he brought it to my attention. The speed at the router was mostly good. Would hover around 190 mbps. The first satellite is in his room where he was getting little to no throughout. Tested speed with phones and 2 laptops + his gaming computer. Long story short, went to the second satellite and was getting very sloppy throughout. Unplugged the second one and the throughout in my sons room shot up to 190 mbps. Will leave it that way tonight and do some experimenting tomorrow but looks like a bad satellite. Any others have similar issues? No orange lights, all blue, all connected, all devices online. At the same time there were two rokus going in the house (wife and other son) but they didn’t notice the difference. Strange.
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6 system MK63, AX1800 Satellite causing network loss over wifi

good luck with it! I've read good things about googles mesh. I haven't used it though

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies
plemans
Guru

have you tried factory resetting the satellite and reinstalling it? 

Message 2 of 7
Alevine1nc
Tutor

Thanks for the reply. Not yet. I left it unplugged overnight and plugged it in this morning in a different place. So far so good.
Message 3 of 7
Alevine1nc
Tutor

Spoke too soon. As soon as we settle down to watch a movie, my son comes to me and says he’s getting > 1mbps in his room. Sure enough it’s the same story as last night. I’m really done with this system now. If I was getting average 50 mbps everywhere I’d be satisfied. But going from +100 to -10 with no rhyme or reason really tells me this system is crap. Wife wants me to exchange it at Costco but this shouldn’t be happening. If it’s not bad hardware it’s a crap system.

Yes I did resync the satellites with the router.
Message 4 of 7
plemans
Guru

Do you have the 2 satellite system? 
Is it only the 1 satellite causing issues? 

Did you try factory resetting that satellite? 

You could also try reloading the firmware to the satellite, then factory resetting and reinstalling. If its an issue of corrupt firmware on it, this could overwrite it. 

Message 5 of 7
Alevine1nc
Tutor

I punted and returned this garbage system. Picked up a google mesh system and will see how it goes. If that doesn’t work I will go to the orbi for more cost.
Message 6 of 7
plemans
Guru

good luck with it! I've read good things about googles mesh. I haven't used it though
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7