Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Re: Nighthawk Mesh Wifi 6 Router MR60 losing connection to 2.4 devices

bjhoag
Star

Nighthawk Mesh Wifi 6 Router MR60 losing connection to 2.4 devices

I have a Nighthawk Mesh MR60 with the Satelite.  About once a day, it loses connection to all the 2.4 devices on my network.  It remains connected to the 5.0 devices.  I have to reboot the router and it all comes back.  This is getting quite annoying.  Anyone have any idea or suggestions?  I have already downloaded the latest firmware and have checked that both the router and the satelite have the latest version.  

Message 1 of 237
teafortoday
Tutor

I also have a disconnection problem here. My mobile devices lose connection from time to time, whatever it is 2.4GHz or 5GHz, it happens once everyday. I tried to reconnect back and it took me few minutes. I have restarted the router and updated the latest firmware. The problem still borders me. Anyone has faced the simlar problem on the connection?

Message 2 of 237
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello bjhoag & teafortoday, 

We recently released a new firmware for the Nighthawk Mesh System. Please update and let us know how it turns out. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000061798/MR60-MS60-Firmware-Version-1-0-3-86

Christian 

Message 3 of 237
bjhoag
Star

V1.0.3.86_2.0.34 

is what is installed on the router.  I had already updated this and the problem still exists.  It happens every day or every other day.  Ihave to reboot the router to get the 2.4 devices to reconnect.

Message 4 of 237
Mchadinha
Initiate

Same here. I downloaded latest firmware and all devices disconnect throughout the day. I’m getting very frustrated.
Message 5 of 237
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Community, 

May you try enabling/disabling traffic meter to see if there are nay improvements. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 6 of 237
bjhoag
Star

I have enabled traffic meter.  I will let you know if I see another issue or not within the next day or two. 

Message 7 of 237
teafortoday
Tutor

The problem still exists. Traffic meter hasn't been enabled yet. From the log of my router, is showed [DoS attack: ACK Scan] from source xxx, port xxx frquently when the network disconnected.

Message 8 of 237
bjhoag
Star

It didn't fix the problem.  Just happened again. Still dropping the 2.4 devices.  Reboot the router and they come back.

Message 9 of 237
Cochrane484
Initiate

Having the same issue from time to time. Really annoying. Have tried everything including an RMA.
Message 10 of 237
Randyg08
Tutor

I have the firware updated, no tracking, and the connection dropping issue still exists. The issue is common to many devices, LG G6, Kindle Fire, Chromecast. Please advise on next step.
Message 11 of 237
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Community, 

May you try reverting to the previous firmware version and reporting back with your findings. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000061732/MR60-MS60-Firmware-Version-1-0-2-76

Christian 

Message 12 of 237
bjhoag
Star

I have reverted to the older firmware.  I will respond with results in a day or two

Message 13 of 237
bjhoag
Star

I checked again a day later and the firmware was back to the new version.  It must have auto updated.

Message 14 of 237
Randyg08
Tutor

The roll back to V1 did not fix the connection dropping and made it so the satellite will no longer connect to a Chromecast. Netgear please fix your firmware.
Message 15 of 237
teafortoday
Tutor

Just updated the router firmware to the older version, but not the satellite. See if there is any problem and tell you in the day 1 or 2.

Message 16 of 237
capilano
Star

I had MR60 for 2 weeks (it's not in the model selection list). Now every morning a few of my devices can't connect to the internet. Once I reboot the router, problem is solved. My router firmware is up-to-date. Can't think of anything else except eco this request. Netgear - if your dev team can't keep your dev quality and QA up to prevent memory leaks issues, etc., at least provide an auto reboot feature. There're posts requesting this feature for years. Your competitors have such features for years. What are you doing?!

Message 17 of 237
Mchadinha
Initiate

Maybe it’s time for Netgear to swap our hardware out. I work from home and have to take online calls everyday. I look like a fool when the signal drops. FIX IT!!
Message 18 of 237
bjhoag
Star

It has happened three times today.  Had to reboot to get the 2.4 devices to come back.  5G devices stay connected.

Message 19 of 237
cato2010
Tutor

I can't believe these issues have not been resolved, I bought this router from Costco 2 weeks ago, and I'm planning on taking back on Friday, I was there this morning, and they told me that many people had returned it because of the same problem.

Message 20 of 237
Cochrane484
Initiate

Your lucky I bought this POS from Best Buy and it's outside the return window so now I'm stuck with it.
Message 21 of 237
teafortoday
Tutor

Used the router with older firmwre version in these days. I found out the connection problem is mainly on LG G6 smartphone. The wifi discconects frequently but doesn't connect back to the wifi successfully each time it tries to reconnect. Of course the wifi signql strength is excellent.

When the LG G6 smartphone disconnects, it shows "saved" in the status. When it tries to reconnect, it usually gets back to "saved" , and tries to reconnect again and again until it connects successfully. Sooner it connects to the network, it will discoonect soon.

For the other smartphones, it seems the connection is rather stable during these days.I didn't see the disconnection that frequently.

*LG G6 is the leftmost phone in the photo
Message 22 of 237
bjhoag
Star

I am not seeing any correlation to a specific device type.  I am seeing all the devices that connect to the 2.4 frequency drop almost daily if not multiple times a day.  Ony a reboot fixes it.  I have given up and ripped out the equipment and installed an Amazon eero mesh solution and have had no problems, better coverage and faster bandwidth.

Message 23 of 237
Randyg08
Tutor

I finally gave up no version of the firmware was solid, continued to have Chromcast, Kindle (new and old), LG G6, and Pixel 4 connections dropped. Bought an Asus RT-AX3000, rock solid 3 days now, signal strength is just as good, and has a better admin interface. Wish i hadnt wasted 3+ weeks with netgear.
Message 24 of 237
cato2010
Tutor

Me too, I bought myself an Asus GT-AC5300, and I couldn't be happier. The MR60 is going back to Costco later today.

Message 25 of 237
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7