Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Re: Nighthawk Mesh Wifi 6 Router MR60 losing connection to 2.4 devices

mandolp
Initiate

I am haing the same issue. I found that if I reboot the satalite it fixes the issue. That way I can still use the main router until the satalite is up an running. It seems that the older devices are the ones having issues connecting (ipads & chromebooks)

Message 26 of 237
AlHale09
Tutor

Dropping clients throughout the day.   Mostly 2.4 but also some 5GHz.

Most will reconnect automatically.  

Please fix this or I will have to  return product and try another.

Same with the latest Firmware

Opened a ticket.

Message 27 of 237
LKoltun
Initiate

I'm in the same boat.  Love the speed, but the dropping issue is driving me a bit crazy.  Nothing has helped this issue.  Not an RMA the router, not updating the firmware....  nothing.  And this doesn't recognize my wireless printer that worked fine with my other netgear.  And suddenly my ipad and smart tv are having major issues..... My family is ready to revolt.  On a side note, anything I have connected to the LAN (wired) seems to be good.  

Message 28 of 237
howhwee
Initiate

I have exactly the same issues with all MR60 satellite on my wifi speakers. All of them will disconnect from the 2.4 network a few times everyday. I have to reboot the router and it will come back. It's really annoying and worse than my old Apple Extreme tower router.

I regret switching to Netgear as I cannot enjoy multiroom music. I really hope Netgear will fix this stupid issues.

Thanks

@LKoltun wrote:

I'm in the same boat.  Love the speed, but the dropping issue is driving me a bit crazy.  Nothing has helped this issue.  Not an RMA the router, not updating the firmware....  nothing.  And this doesn't recognize my wireless printer that worked fine with my other netgear.  And suddenly my ipad and smart tv are having major issues..... My family is ready to revolt.  On a side note, anything I have connected to the LAN (wired) seems to be good.  

Message 29 of 237
enieves
Initiate

I'm in the same boat.  Love the speed, but the dropping issue is driving me crazy. It happens to my Thinkpad laptop using 5GHz.

MR60 AX1800 2 satellites Firmware V1.0.4.92. I just replaced my older Apple airport extreme router never had this kind of issues.

Message 30 of 237
SeanQ
Star

I’m in the same boat. I’m ready to return it all to Costco this weekend. The satellites don’t stay up for very long, though the router always seems to stay online. After I reboot the router, the satellites will go blue for a short time before going amber. And, no, they’re not too far away. Both units are on the same floor in adjacent rooms. I did have them on different floors, but moved them because I thought there might be a connection issue due to distance. I don’t think there’s a hardware issue based on all the comments, so I’m not going to exchange them. I’ll just return them outright. I bought these because my AX8 died a couple weeks ago. It probably still has a warranty on it, but I wasn’t thrilled with the reliability of that either. I picked these up on a whim because I thought a mesh network would be the way to go, but maybe this product isn’t fully baked yet. If anyone know what I can do, please let me know.
Message 31 of 237
rader
Star

Well, that's depressing. I seldom buy tech without research, but Costco got me with this three pack. I don't seem to be dropping devices at the moment, but link rate is abysmal and buffing all the time in fire TV. Doesn't seem the mesh system does a very good job of finding optimal freq and satellite.
Message 32 of 237
SeanQ
Star

I’ll admit, I didn’t do my research either. I went to Costco to buy paper towels (they were all out) and saw the display. Again, it was a total impulse buy. I thought to myself, “A three unit WiFi 6 mesh system for $249? Shouldn’t that be hundreds more? Sold!” Now I’m like, “It’s why you always have to do the research, dummy.” At least Costco has a phenomenal return policy.
Message 33 of 237
Reptile8
Initiate

I've been using this product for months and it's gotten a lot better. That being said, it's still bad. My satellite accepts connections sometimes but doesn't seem to send the traffic anywhere. Also, I have a windows laptop that once it goes to sleep, I can't get it to reconnect after sleep until I reboot the router. I've seen this on a mac laptop in the house too.

This product definitely is subpar and should be avoided.

Message 34 of 237
dj2819
Apprentice

I think this is just an issue with Netgear's new line of products. I been facing the same issues with the RAX120 on the 5ghz band for the past month. Support asked me to move all the devices to the 2.4ghz band and then the problem happened there.

Long story stort I returned it back to Amazon and switched to the Linksys Velop MX-5. Would highly recommend it even though it is pricey.

Are your satelite nodes running wirelessly? Relibility might degrade significantly if they are especially since the 2.4ghz band is subject to a lot of interference. Try a Wifi channel scanner such as iStumbler to see what other networks are in the area of your nodes.

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 35 of 237
SeanQ
Star

I also ended up returning them. I had purchased them from Costco and they didn’t ask any questions. Verizon had a deal on the E3200 extender for the new FiOS router I have and it works great. I haven’t had an connection issues with it at all and supports ax just like the router does.
Message 36 of 237
mandolp
Initiate

I am also returned my Nighthawk Mesh Wifi. It kept driving my nuts that I had to reboot the satelite or router once a day. Got the Linksys MX10 and have not had any issues since. 

Message 37 of 237
Aallawi
Initiate

I had the same problem but I found that I was ale to make the network much more reliable by disabling 20/40 MHz Coexistance. This is set in the web interface > Advanced > Wireless Settings.

Message 38 of 237
neonsoxx
Tutor

I have this problem too, but have no idea why 20/40 would be enabled in my situation, so I disabled it. Time will tell. Overall, other than these odd drops and the NAT tables completely vanishing randomly, I’d say it’s a perfectly stable product 😉
Message 39 of 237

Anyone have a fix yet. I just bought this and it’s annoying. It’s even more annoying to return it and change all 28 devices in the house 🤷‍♂️
Message 40 of 237
Jgill002
Aspirant

Same for me. Bought from Best Buy and can no longer return. Dropped connection happens multiple times a day from many different connections. So frustrating.
Message 41 of 237

I just ordered the MK63 from Costco and these posts are very upsetting.   Where is the Netgear support in here helping and explaining what is going wrong?  The YouTube videos on this unit rave about it, even the Netgear video.   Well I am happy I bought it from Costco, because it is easily returned.   

Message 42 of 237
NetworkGuy1490
Apprentice

I am having the same problem. At first I thought it was my new Samsung Tablet. After working with Samsung (who was great), we determinted that the connection dropping was being casued by my NEW WiFi 6 Mesh Router (MR62). Imagine my surrise. I got this router to solve connection problems, not cause new ones. 

Here is what I am seeing:

- Frequent (every few minutes) WiFi disconnects or "No Internet" on the tablet

- Alexa devices disconnecting in the middle of talking

- FireTV reporting the Bandwidth has dropped to low to continue to stream

Netgear's reponse what that I am out of the 3 month warrenty, pay us to fix the BASIC functionality.

After being a loyal Netgear customer for decades, I seriously regret buying this router!

Message 43 of 237

And why hasn't Netgear tech support stopped in here to inform us what the problem is?
Message 44 of 237
SeanQ
Star

I was at Costco the other day and noticed that the entire display of them was gone. I don’t know if it was through the normal course of changing up what they carry or something else. I also received a letter in the mail from Costco asking me for more information on that particular return. I do plan on responding to it.
Message 45 of 237

I am in the process of returning this but before I do I need a replacement. I may just need a range extender. I went with this system because I wanted service all the way to the backyard and to the front. My regular service was fine but the distance was short. Thank goodness for Costco where returns of horrible devices are made easy
Message 46 of 237
jomiran
Tutor

I just got this very expensive unit and I am having the exact same issue.  Netgear REALLY needs to fix this ASAP.  I use my network to work from home on highly critical systems and I cannot have these disconnects that require a router reboot.

Message 47 of 237
AlHale09
Tutor

Returned mine to Costco.

Going to use a different router.

Netgear....You really need to fix this issue.  Your reputation is at stake.

Good luck everyone!

Message 48 of 237
jomiran
Tutor

Firmware version 1.0.4.96_2.0.41 just hit my router this morning but there are zero release notes on it.  The website still shows 1.0.4.92.  Is 1.0.4.96_2.0.41 supposed to address the disconnect issue?

Message 49 of 237
NetworkGuy1490
Apprentice

MR60 / MS60 Firmware Version 1.0.4.92

New Features and Enhancements:

1. Supports Japan Region.
  2. Fixed multiple languages display issue.
  3. Fixed the issue where the NH APP takes longer to enter the dashboard page at times.
  4. Fixed the issue where there is no satellite in the firmware update page at times.
Message 50 of 237
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7