Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Re: Nighthawk Mesh Wifi 6 Router MR60 losing connection to 2.4 devices

MR60_USA
Initiate

I've MR60 Nighthawk router and I downloaded latest firmware and all devices disconnect throughout the day. I keep loosing WIFI everyday. My cable provider is also unable to tell me what the issue is 

I’m getting very frustrated. Can You provide any real solution to this?

Model: MR314|Cable/DSL 802.11b Wireless Router, R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 226 of 237
Retired_Member
Not applicable

For now the solution is:
Ask for your money back and buy a wifi 6 mesh solution from another brand.
Sad but true..
Message 227 of 237
Hero0012
Aspirant

Any updates. Also having issues with 2.4 devices. 

Message 228 of 237
MR60_USA
Initiate

MR60 MESH system is a POC.  I spent $300 on this garbage.  Literally 90% of the complaints are of how this is not a good product and how connections constantly drop out.  Which is what I AM EXPERIENCING!   I can't even get a case number because the stupid app won't allow me to select support.  Netgear has gone down the tubes.  Once a name brand for quality... now it's just garbage.  I have the latest firmware, and it's not getting fixed.  I want to literally smash this stuff with a sledge hammer.  And, post it on YouTube.

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 229 of 237
ModelD
Initiate

Hi, I recently bought a Netgear Nighthawk AX1800 Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi 6 System (MR60 router).  Like most people in this thread, I found that it basically doesn't work: for the first few days we had constant dropped connections, interrupting video calls and generally making the network barely usable.  Unfortunately, we broke down the packing for recycling immediately after we set it up (lesson learned, don't do that for a week or two!), so we can't return it for a refund.

One thing I did want to share, in case it helps anyone else: we have a relatively small house, but I still went for the two-satellite version of the system.  I figured we'd have super-duper-extra coverage, without a single dead zone anywhere.  But based on some things I saw (elsewhere) online, I turned off one of the two satellites, and ... It's helped a lot!  We're only a couple of days into the new condition (one router, one satellite), but so far there have been no drops or mysterious failures -- or so few that we don't notice them as an issue.

This seems to suggest that having multiple options for connecting (the router and perhaps two different satellites) is not being handled smoothly by the system, and perhaps it keeps "changing its mind" about which source a particular device should be using for its connection.  If it keeps changing from the route to satellite-1 to satellite-2 and back, and each of those changes causes a blip in connectivity, that would explain the observed behaviour.  It would also be a sign of something that could be fixed in the firmware, and *badly needs to be*.  

Netgear, the evidence suggests that you are paying no attention at all to these forums, but just in case: please fix this issue!  If someone pays extra money for an additional satellite, it is not good news if the fix for their unusable system is to *deactivate that extra satellite*.  It suggests some very poor design.  If you're prioritizing signal strength over all else, you're deeply out of touch with the needs of your customers: what most people need is *consistent* connections, not ones that drop out every hour in search of the perfect signal.

This whole experience has damaged my perception of Netgear as a company, which previously had been quite favourable: that's why I bought a Netgear mesh system without first scouring the internet and finding this year-long list of unaddressed connectivity problems.  People used to view you as a solid company with reliable products.  You're in the process of losing that reputation, and it's pretty hard to get that kind of thing back once it's gone ... 

Message 230 of 237
PaulSke
Aspirant

Just took delivery of an AX1800 and this is absolute garbage. Constantly dropping out after 10 mins of install. Going straight back to Amazon
Message 231 of 237
Niteman1978
Aspirant

Ive had the same problem.  Firmware updated.   Was losing conenction and was dropping.

Decided to try the hotfix on the site and it made the situation worse.  Reverted to old firmware was a bit better but kept dropping every 10 minutes or so.

Got fed up and with 5 children in the house need reliable wifi so went out and bought a TPLINK for half the price and I have better range and stability.

Will call tomorrow with a case ID  Unit is not even a year old.

Message 232 of 237
TOOMD
Initiate

I'm having the same issues, constant dropping and totally unsable. 

Another product seems only answer. Disgraceful products this bad are allowed to be sold. 

Message 233 of 237
szuppo
Tutor

Should have saved your money. I’ll never touch Neatgear Crap again. Two faulty MS 60 satellites that were replaced and today my MR60 is dead after attempting an update. Netgear response: too bad, you’ll have to buy a be Router. Sure, no problem. Won’t be any **bleep** you manufacture though.
Message 234 of 237
szuppo
Tutor

Best recommendation, don’t but anything Netgear. Total crap products.
Message 235 of 237
Niteman1978
Aspirant

I agree 100 percent.  i got TP link and its awesome. Who would think.

@szuppo wrote:
Best recommendation, don’t but anything Netgear. Total crap products.

Message 236 of 237
Gamereck
Aspirant

This mesh devices sucks as a router but works great in AP mode.
Message 237 of 237
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7