Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Nighthawk Mk63 satellites disconnecting randomly

madsedan
Tutor

Nighthawk Mk63 satellites disconnecting randomly

I have the three pack from Costco, Nighthawk wifi 6 mesh, AX-1800 with router and two satellites.

had it for a little over 90 days, satellites continue to drop service intermittently, and I am on the latest firmware as verified by the app.

I just went through a complete reset and re=install today, again, for about the third or fourth time.

When I called support they said my free 90 days support ended 2 days ago so I have to pay $50 for customer service, I'm not doing it. I'll try taking back to Costco in exchange for seomthing else or sell on facebook marketplace and buy another brand.

I see many people having this issue, even addressed on this forum in a thread where someone in tech support acknowledges they have an issue. Has this been addressed or should I go buy something else?

And do I relaly have to spend $50 on support for a system they know they have a problem with functionality? 

Message 1 of 4
madsedan
Tutor

Re: Nighthawk Mk63 satellites disconnecting randomly

OK, we had a good night last night after another full system reset. Then this morning the satellite 2 that is downstairs, about 20' from the router, is orange light.

Also, I got an e-mail wanting feedback on customer service, when I answered a question about why I rated my level of satisfaction a 3 it asked if it was becausae I was going to have to pay for customer support. When I selected that option it shut down the survey with a thanks. lol.

Message 2 of 4
madsedan
Tutor

OK, came back from breakfast and we are getting a blue light on satellite 2 downstairs, no changes to the system, just went from orange to blue while we were out.

I'll continue to update this like an annoying blog.

Message 3 of 4
madsedan
Tutor

1/17 was ok, weak signal producing some awful picture on our streaming services until by around 10:30 pm we lost everything, couldn't stream anything to out Apple 4k box.

1/18, wife ended up unplugging both satellites and VOILA we have wifi again. I went to Best Buy and bought an EERO 6 and just hooked it up, easy to use app, running in 10 minutes and I'm now getting the highese level of speed I've ever gotten in parts of the house, twice as high as with the Netgear set up. The EERO is a router and two satellites, both of them place in the same exact location as the Nighthawk's satellites and I'm getting wonderful wifi speeds.

I am taking the Nighthawk wifi 6 mesh system back to Costco in the morning, the EERO 6 wifi6 mesh was exactly the same price so I'm out no money and never had to poay $50 for customer support 92 days after purchasing what I'd consider a non-functional product with known issues based on google searches.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 10 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7