Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Re: Nighthawk app not working

JohnBinTN
Tutor

Nighthawk app not working

Hello.  Just got a Netgear WiFi 6 (router + 1 satellite).  I can't seem to get the Nighthawk app to work.  When I launch it, it just sits at a black screen.  I've tried powering and restarting, uninstall/re-install, even older versions - it just does the same thing - black screen.  Not sure how to proceed with setting up my new router at this point... The phone being used is an LG G4.  No other apps having problems.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Let's skip for the moment the installation using the Nightawk App as lined out in the Installation Guide.

If you have a notebook, another computer, even just your mobile device with a Web browser should to the job: Open the Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6 System User Manual. Starting from p.17 "Use a Web Browser to Access the Router", you find an alternate way to configure the Mesh system from scratch, to set-up the Internet Access, ...

Message 2 of 3
JohnBinTN
Tutor

Thank you, Schumaku.  I used an older phone that was able to run the app and managed to get it set up.  Now I bought an additional satellite, and it's not working.  Have another post about this situation... I'm doubting the wisdom of buying the NG mesh setup at this point.  😞

Thanks again for the reply.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7