Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Nighthawk m2 router as satellite?

genisvell
Aspirant

Nighthawk m2 router as satellite?

Hello, I didn't see this topic here: can the M2 Nighthawk router be used as a satellite or does it only work as a satellite?

I have to extend my home network (router+satellite are on for now) and can only find router/satellite packs on sale, I cannot find satellites only.

Help !

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk m2 router as satellite?

the M2 isn't an orbi device. Its a mobile hotspot. It can't be used as a satellite. 

Is this the device you actually mean or what device are you talking about and whats your current setup?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

the M2 isn't an orbi device. Its a mobile hotspot. It can't be used as a satellite. 

Is this the device you actually mean or what device are you talking about and whats your current setup?

Message 2 of 3
genisvell
Aspirant

Hi, thank you for your reply!

I quite don't know how to write down my setup as you did but I plugged the Nighthawk MK62 router to my Internet box and installed a satellite (still Netgear Nighthawk MK62) to relay the wifi signal in my house (220 m2).

So my problems are:

- I have two Wifi signals in one part of the house and I would like to keep only one, so I will look into how to stop the internet box signal

- I need the wifi signal to be relayed in the second part of the house and would like to know if I need a router+satellite pack or only a satellite to do that.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7