Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Nighthawk mesh wifi 6

sg-
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nighthawk mesh wifi 6

I recently purchased a nighthawk. In order to work as extended it can be connected without the ethernet cable or I have to connected to my router
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk mesh wifi 6

We need some details. 

What device did you purchase? nighthawk isn't a model, its brand.

what router are you connecting it to? 

you can go to netgear.com/support/  and type in your model number. It'll take you to manuals, firmware, and guides that can help install and setup your new device. 

Message 2 of 6
sg-
Aspirant
Aspirant

Model #- MK63-100NAS
Model: Dual Band
Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

Hooking it to what? 

And what are you attempting to do? 

You're giving me very minimal info. I'm not there to see what you're doing, what you're attempting, or even what results you're getting. If you want help, you need to help us to help you. 

Message 4 of 6
akong
Guide

Hi I think I understand your question on wanting to use this router as an AP so that it does not need to be next to your existing router.   To make sure you have a working mesh network, I recommend that you use the provided ethernet cable to wire it to your existing router first to perform the initial setup configuration.  Under advanced setup (with your brower to connect to the MR60 router), you should be able to configure the router as a wireless AP.  I have not tried this option yet, but wireless AP is listed under advanced setup.

Message 5 of 6
rhsinaz50
Aspirant

the router has to be cable- connected to your modem. the satellites are stand-alone but can also be cable connected to a device .
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7