Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Noticeable Increased Device(s) Battery Drain on New Installed Nighthawk Mesh Wifi (MK63)

gifty7474
Follower

Noticeable Increased Device(s) Battery Drain on New Installed Nighthawk Mesh Wifi (MK63)

This week picked a 3-pc (router + 2 satellites) from Costco. Install was super easy, got everything all set up, and speeds are greatly increased throughout the house. I do notice though that when connected to the main router, I max out my internet speed rating of 225 Mbps, and when connected to a satellite it's more like 140-160. I assume that is from the non-dedicated backhaul.

Anyway, the bigger issue I'm seeing is battery drain on our devices. We have mostly all Apple devices, and I'm noticing it particularly on my 10.5 iPad Pro. The phones I'm not really noticing at much, but haven't really had the time with this mesh setup to really test it out on all devices. I use my iPad a lot, so I'm noticing it, and it's pretty signficant. Anything I can disable or change that would've been different from my WNDR4500 router? I mean I would get decent speeds with that router, just didn't get the range on the 2nd floor. Now I get the range, but if it's killing the battery, might have to look for an alternate system. Is there anything that WIFI 6 would be doing? The iPad is not WIFI 6 compliant. 

Message 1 of 1
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7