Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Operate MR60 in the same network as the normal office (behind a firewall)

Maniac_69
Aspirant

Operate MR60 in the same network as the normal office (behind a firewall)

Hi all,

unfortunately I can't select the model of my Nighthawk router, because Netgear not shows that model (???), but I have questions concerning a Nighthawk Mesh system containing a MR60 router and 2 MS60 satellites.

I operate the system behind a firewall with a NAT-ed network (192.168.10.1/24). The Nighthawk has it's "own" network with 192.168.1.x/24) what leads to the situation, that my devices connected with WLAN to the Nighthawk get an IP from the MR60 in the 192.168.1.1 network. These devices are not reachable from the normal office LAN (192.168.10.1). So I tried to configure the MR60 to have the LAN IP 192.168.10.2 but he not accepts this IP since this is in the same range as the "Internet" IP he received from my DHCP server (192.168.10.105).

Is there any possibility to operate the MR60 in the same network like a normal access point or is this not possible with Netgear devices ?

Thanks for any infos

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Maniac_69
Aspirant

Betreff: Operate MR60 in the same network as the normal office (behind a firewall)

SOLVED by configuring the device as AP

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Maniac_69
Aspirant

Betreff: Operate MR60 in the same network as the normal office (behind a firewall)

SOLVED by configuring the device as AP

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Operate MR60 in the same network as the normal office (behind a firewall)

Glad you got it working. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy. 📡

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7