Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Pixel 6 does not switch APs (MR/MS60)

Noah_Boddy
Follower

Pixel 6 does not switch APs (MR/MS60)

I have an MK60 system (1xMR60, 2xMS60) running in AP mode.  When I enter my house my Android Pixel 6 connects to the MS60 near the front door and I get 4 bars of wifi signal.  When I move to the back of my house into my office it does not switch to the MR60 that is 3 feet away at my desk but lowers to 3 bars of wifi signal.  If I switch the Pixel wifi off/on it connects to the MR60 and gets 4 bars.  Shouldn't it be switching to the nearest AP automatically?  Note, I have plaster walls and most wifi stinks in my house to begin with...

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Pixel 6 does not switch APs (MR/MS60)

It isn't the mesh system that does the switching. It (the MK system) just has the smart roaming features that the pixels picks up on. its the pixel's own roaming protocol that tells it when to switch or not to switch. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Re: Pixel 6 does not switch APs (MR/MS60)

It isn't the mesh system that does the switching. It (the MK system) just has the smart roaming features that the pixels picks up on. its the pixel's own roaming protocol that tells it when to switch or not to switch. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7