Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Re: MR60 Separating 2.4Ghz and 5. Ghz

Barbino
Tutor

i have spent over 20 hours on tech support to try to connect HP6500e printer with MR60 router without success. I have spoken with so many people who cannot seem to help me. I had my ISP check to make sure all is correct so thats not the problem as some have suggested. Both  products tech teams have remotely taken over my computer to attempt to fix this issue, which has not helped.  I have spoken to many HP tech support people also, maybe those two companies should share data to find a solution.  I am at a loss what to do next. Do i have to return the router to the store which is 150 miles away? do I have to replace my 6month old printer that worked fine until this router installed? I have written to Netgear with no replies. I have asked what printers would be compatible with this router...no answer and my internet search said my printer would be compatible. Any suggestions? i am so frustrated.

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: MR60 Separating 2.4Ghz and 5.Ghz

Does the printer have a ethernet port? If so, I highly recommend using it:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Mesh-System/MR60-Separating-2-4Ghz-and-5-Ghz/m-p/2200005/...

@Barbino wrote:

i have spent over 20 hours on tech support to try to connect HP6500e printer with MR60 router without success. I have spoken with so many people who cannot seem to help me. I had my ISP check to make sure all is correct so thats not the problem as some have suggested. Both  products tech teams have remotely taken over my computer to attempt to fix this issue, which has not helped.  I have spoken to many HP tech support people also, maybe those two companies should share data to find a solution.  I am at a loss what to do next. Do i have to return the router to the store which is 150 miles away? do I have to replace my 6month old printer that worked fine until this router installed? I have written to Netgear with no replies. I have asked what printers would be compatible with this router...no answer and my internet search said my printer would be compatible. Any suggestions? i am so frustrated.

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

@Barbino have you started your own thread? i had to go back and read to separate out the OP's and others info from yours. If you'll start your own thread, your likely to get better help and your details don't get confused with everyone elses. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7