Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Re: Remove old satellite from Netgear Mesh6

JohnBinTN
Tutor

Remove old satellite from Netgear Mesh6

Hello, again.What a problematic wifi system this has turned out to be... 😞  Used an OLD phone to run Nighthawk app - ok, check.  Bought an additional satellite - bad out of box, exchanged, got a good one - ok, check.  Mesh wifi up and running with two satellites - ok, check!  Problem - the defective satellite still shows up in the network map.  I've checked everywhere for a way to remove it to no avail.  Will it just have to be there forever?

Message 1 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello JohnBinTN, 

May you try removing the device from the admin page via web browser.

Christian 

Message 2 of 5
JohnBinTN
Tutor

Thank you for your reply, Christian.  The satellite does not show up on the webpage admin settings.  It only shows up in the network map on the Nighthawk app.  I talked to support, and apparantly they have to remove the satellite from my account.   Said it would take up to 48 hours, which has almost expired.  Bad satellite still appears in network map at this time.

Message 3 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi JohnBinTN, 

Thanks for confirming. Has support been able to follow up on your case?

Christian 

Message 4 of 5
JohnBinTN
Tutor

Hi Christian.  No, support has not followed up with me, and the defective satellite is still in the network map on the Nighthawk app.  I've come to terms with the fact that I will have to see the broken satellite until they give us the ability to remove stuff like that ourselves.  Other than this problem, the mesh wifi has been working okay.  It's just a cosmetic annoyance, but still, I don't like it.

Thanks!

John

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7