Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Setting up OpenDNS on a MK83

in2ndo
Apprentice

Setting up OpenDNS on a MK83

Ok.  Please excuse the ignorance.  but I haven't played with my home network in a long time.  I'm setting up the MK83 to use OpenDNS.   what I've done so far. 

I changed the DNS numbers on the router to the OpenDNS numbers.

Registered with OpenDNS and added my network with the IP detected by OpenDNS.

I went to the router settings / Advanced set up / Dynamic DNS and selected use Dynamic DNS service. ater creating an account with NoIP.com and entered my login info.  clicked status and got a good response.  (<userename.****.net> updated successfully at 12:45AM,08/02/2021)  user name and *** just in case... LOL

and that is how far I got.... what I'm  I supposed to do after ?  so that OpenDNS gets my  new IP if and when it changes.  or is that alll I need. to do?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
in2ndo
Apprentice

Re: Setting up OpenDNS on a MK83

So noIP.com had me change my IP in my noIP account to 1.1.1.1 and restart my router.  to verify that the IP would get updated.  well. it didn't.  what am I missing?

Message 2 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Setting up OpenDNS on a MK83

Hello,

If you recently purchased the device I would recommend contacting our support team as newly purchased devices are provided with 90 days of complimentary support. You may open a ticket by registering your device using the link below. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Christian 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7