Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Unfortunately, the downloads at those links return the following error when used

BlueCat58
Tutor

Unfortunately, the downloads at those links return the following error when used

Unfortunately, the downloads at those links return the following error when used:

Failure
This firmware file is incorrect! Please get the firmware file again and make sure it is the correct firmware for this product.

Both the MR60 and MS60 files show "Type" of "Recovered File Fragments" and when extracted and "Upload" under Manual Update return the following error.

BTW - what is the correct file type for the firmware?

I tried to find a non-Netgear source for the files. Any suggestions?

Message 4 of 5
BlueCat58
Tutor

Re: Nighthawk Router settingqs

https://kb.netgear.com/000064880/MR60-MS60-Firmware-Version-1-1-6-124

Unfortunately, the downloads do NOT download viable files.

Both the MR60 and MS60 files show "Type" of "Recovered File Fragments" and when extracted and "Upload" under Manual Update return the following error.

Failure
This firmware file is incorrect! Please get the firmware file again and make sure it is the correct firmware for this product.

I have been unable to find any alternative source for V1.1.6.124 firmware, but I am still looking.

Message 1 of 5
BlueCat58
Tutor

Re: Unfortunately, the downloads at those links return the following error when used

Failure

I have been unable to find any alternative source for V1.1.6.124 firmware, but I am still looking.

It is further unfortunate that Netgear hardware is generally reliable so these community forums are NOT visited often.

Hopefully, someone will find and post a link to a viable version of the V1.1.6.124 firmware so I don't have two $50 bricks (aka MS60s) sitting in my house. My IoT devices, which only use the 2.4 band, seem to be working but one of them does have trouble connecting which is why I discovered that my MS60s have NO devices connected to them which means my 2.4 band is worthless on the satellites.

Message 2 of 5
BlueCat58
Tutor

Re: Unfortunately, the downloads at those links return the following error when used

Please forgive the highjack of this thread. I am trying to update to the 124 version of firmware but the following link. These communities are not very active because Netgear products are generally robust which is why I'm posting in this thread. Apparently, the OP was able to download a viable copy of the 124 firmware.

Failure

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

What browser are you using? I use MS Edge...

Try a different PC or laptop.

Haven't seen this issue with mine using this link to the MK60 series FW:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Mesh-System/New-MR60-MS60-Firmware-Version-1-1-6-124-Rele...

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

@BlueCat58 wrote:

Unfortunately, the downloads at those links return the following error when used:

Failure

BTW - what is the correct file type for the firmware?

I tried to find a non-Netgear source for the files. Any suggestions?

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7