Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Whats the difference between MR6x and MK6x

MetalFatigue
Initiate

Whats the difference between MR6x and MK6x

I have a MR62, for a couple of years now. Mostly very happy, though a couple of times I had to struggle with it. Recently it just didn't let me connect to it. I think it was a firmware update. Eventually I found a workaround that strangely was wifi password dependent.

As i was researching for issues I came across MK6x which seem the same system even with the same design. Wifi-6, EasyMesh, etc. and both are one of the cheapest WiFi6 mesh you can buy.

Seems that MR6x is not sold anymore and was replaced by MK6x. Is it just a revision or are there changes in features?

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Whats the difference between MR6x and MK6x

MR60 is the router

MS60 is the satellite

MK6* is the both of them together with the * denoting how many router/satellites together. (MK63 is router + 2x satellites for 3 devices)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

MR60 is the router

MS60 is the satellite

MK6* is the both of them together with the * denoting how many router/satellites together. (MK63 is router + 2x satellites for 3 devices)

Message 2 of 3
MetalFatigue
Initiate

😅

My bad. You are right. just saw differently in 2 places and I thought it was different things.

Thanks

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7