Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Which Mesh system?

Pauldennis
Aspirant

Which Mesh system?

I have a house which front to back is 12m and a garden which is 10m. My modem / router, located at the front of the house, is one box, and I want to cover both house and garden. I was thinking either the AX 1800 or the Orbi RBK20. Ideally WiFi 6 would be good for the future but range is more important. I need the furthest extender to be able to cover the 10m garden and hence the router to cover 12m if possible. 

I have 25 connected devices but 5 are Alex's. 

Current broadband speed is 60meg but will upgrade to 100meg when that comes available in 6 months.

Thx

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Which Mesh system?

the rbk20 would handle 150mbps setups fine. 

I'm a fan of the triband mesh systems compared to the dual bands. But i haven't used the AX1800 yet so I have nothing to compare to it. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

The RBK20 is a solid system. And the benefit is you can add satellites if you desire additional coverage. Versus I don't usually recommend people add more than 1 wireless extender. 

Message 2 of 4
Pauldennis
Aspirant

My ISP is soon to provide 150meg download, so would the RBK20 still be ok? Our since the end to end length to be covered is 40 meters would the RBK23 be better since you get 3 units?

Or the AX1800 would 3 units. This doesn't have the dedicated backhaul so not sure?

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

the rbk20 would handle 150mbps setups fine. 

I'm a fan of the triband mesh systems compared to the dual bands. But i haven't used the AX1800 yet so I have nothing to compare to it. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7