Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

ax3600 MR80 firmware update issues

predator24a
Follower

ax3600 MR80 firmware update issues

I bought the ax3600 MR/MS80 wifi 6 mesh system a couple of months ago and have never been able to get the auto firmware to note new firmware. It will always say checking no new firmware, yet when I check on the neatgear website I am a firmware behind. Is there any solution to this or has anyone else had this issue

Message 1 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ax3600 MR80 firmware update issues

Hello predator24a, 

Does the message appear in both the Nighthawk app and admin page via web browser?

Regards,

Christian 

Message 2 of 4
schumaku
Guru

@predator24a wrote:

I bought the ax3600 MR/MS80 wifi 6 mesh system a couple of months ago and have never been able to get the auto firmware to note new firmware. It will always say checking no new firmware, yet when I check on the neatgear website I am a firmware behind.

If you had checked the support site on 30-JUN and found MR80 / MS80 Firmware Version 1.1.5.4 published here on 23-JUN it's well possible this version was not yet pushed to the live update - which is always delayed days/weeks on the live update as checked by the App and/or the Web UI. 

Message 3 of 4
in2ndo
Apprentice

I just bought and installed the same router and I'm having the same issue. ax3600 MR80 that comes with 2 satellites.  current version on the rounter web page and iOS app. V1.1.4.6 and version on the negear site 1.1.5.4 . 

Is there a reason for this?  I know I could download them and do it manually I guess.  but I'm trying to avoid that. to not create possible problems.  and I think if there is an update available. it should be happening automatically if that is how the router has been set up. 

Just in case this thread has been burried in the past. I'm going to start a new one. 

Thank you. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7