Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

how to set Mesh EAX80 to 160MHZ and 4.2Gbps?

legendgao
Aspirant

how to set Mesh EAX80 to 160MHZ and 4.2Gbps?

now i use EAX80 mesh with my old route R6250 with 5G channel 44 and 2.4G channel auto(11), then i find EAX80 show, the max traffic is 2.4gbps for 5G with channel 36,40,44,48 and 600mbps for 2.4G.

does my any set wrong? should it be support 4.8Gbps for 5G and 1.2Gbps for 2.4G?

does it mean i only set 80MHZ for 5g not 160MHZ for 5G?

how to set the 160MHZ BW?

BR

Legendgao

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: how to set Mesh EAX80 to 160MHZ and 4.2Gbps?

the R6250 isn't an AX device and doesn't support 160hz channel width. The EAX80 is running off it if you're running in extender mode. 

If you want to test  the eax80 fully functional, hardwire it into the R6250 and then set it in AP mode. This lets it use the ethernet connection as the backhaul and you can change the wireless to whatever you want in the EAX80

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

the R6250 isn't an AX device and doesn't support 160hz channel width. The EAX80 is running off it if you're running in extender mode. 

If you want to test  the eax80 fully functional, hardwire it into the R6250 and then set it in AP mode. This lets it use the ethernet connection as the backhaul and you can change the wireless to whatever you want in the EAX80
Message 2 of 5
legendgao
Aspirant

thanks for your explain,answered my questions

But do you think, Isn't the design reasonable? now i use Wifi5 for backfual, why it will impact the WIFI6 full speed access for extend?

it's should be independent.

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

@legendgao wrote:

thanks for your explain,answered my questions

But do you think, Isn't the design reasonable? now i use Wifi5 for backfual, why it will impact the WIFI6 full speed access for extend?

it's should be independent.

The router is the backbone of the system. It all runs off it. 

compare it to a hose.

If at the start of a hose, you've got a garden hose. On the other end, you connect a monster fire hose. Just because you attached a fire hose to the end that can put out thousands of gallons of water, doesn't mean the garden hose is going to allow it because its limiting the flow. 

Or compare it to cars if you go that route. You could have a 1000 horsepower motor but if you're feeding it with a small 4 cyclinder stock gas pump, it can't supply the fuel to run that much horsepower. 

that's what you've got. You've got an extender thats capable of much faster speeds but you limited it with running off a R6250.  you have to look at where the bottleneck is in any system and fix that. 

Message 4 of 5
legendgao
Aspirant

i know u mean.
may be i need show the picture for this problem. i will add picture later.
now only say 5Ghz example, the eax80 connect to 6250 5Ghz speed is about 1gbps, and eax80 5Ghz wifi speed show 2400mbps. so i am confuse why it's not show 4800mbps?
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7