× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Double Nat issue for Xbox One

jamses100
Aspirant

Double Nat issue for Xbox One

I keep getting a NAT type moderate and UPnp not successful or double NAT on my xbox network settings, I set everything up correctly. I tried unplugging the ethernet cable that connects my xbox to the xr500 and connecting but it still says the same thing. Even when its directly plugged into my xbox it says this, am I doing something wrong? Help me please! 

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

What modem is the XR500 connected to? A lot of times, we find that someone is using a combo device and then a router. This causes double nat situations. here's netgears info on what double nat is. 

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT

and how to fix it.

https://kb.netgear.com/30187/How-to-fix-issues-with-Double-NAT

Message 2 of 8
jamses100
Aspirant

yes thats what it was, I called my internet provider and they bridged it but now what happens is that the NAT will be open for a brief time and then turn back to Double NAT

Message 3 of 8
jamses100
Aspirant

I always have to connect back to the XR500s wfi on my xbox for it to say open NAT, its really annoying. 

Message 4 of 8
jamses100
Aspirant

the modem was ATT

Message 5 of 8
plemans
Guru

Which one and house do you know they set it properly?
Message 6 of 8
jamses100
Aspirant

It was a ATT modem/router, they turned it into just a modem and then bridged the ATT modem to the XR500. What do you think they did wrong so I can call again.
Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge or modem only mode. Then use the NG router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the NG router gets from the modem.

Be sure to set a IP address reservation for the xbox ON the XR router. 

Press the power button and hold it until the xbox shuts off. Reboot the modem and router. After the modem and router are back to ready. Power ON the xbox. Should have OPEN NAT. 

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7