× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Two xbox ones having issues playing same multiplayer game

superwilbo
Aspirant

Two xbox ones having issues playing same multiplayer game

Hello, we have two xbox ones in the house and are having issues being able to connect to the same game. I can play online with no issue and he can play online with no issue but when we try to play a game together (halo masterchief collection) one of us gets kicked right before a new game loads. The router is up-to-date with firmware, and we have a emta/modem from Spectrum so we aren't having double router issues. Both xbox NAT types are open. We've tried port forwarding and messing with settings but can't find settings that consistantly lets us play together without issue. Please help!

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3
Jsxbox
Initiate

Re: Two xbox ones having issues playing same multiplayer game

We've had this problem for ages and couldn't understand why when other games work just fine but halo mcc would always boot one of us out. I actually found your post while looking for answers myself. After not being able to find a straight forward solution, I decided to just try stuff, here's what worked for us.
1. Access your router
2. Go into settings (maybe even advanced settings) WAN setup.
3. Look for your NAT setting which will be ticked on secured, and change to open.
4. When the status bar completes on the page, go and try to have a game of HALO!!

We did this yesterday and sat last night playing big team battles and firefights with not one boot.

Good luck!
Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 2 of 3
superwilbo
Aspirant

Re: Two xbox ones having issues playing same multiplayer game

Thanks!!! Right after I wrote the post I tried to change that setting and its been working, but I didn't want to say I'd fixed it until I was able to try it for a week or so. Its hard to believe that would fix all the problems... fingers crossed it stays that way!

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7