× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

xbox live NAT R8000 strict and UPnp not detected

PaulaO
Aspirant

xbox live NAT R8000 strict and UPnp not detected

Going crazy over here! I have done everything I can think od to get our NAT not strict and UPnp to work on our xbox one. Upnp is enabled, I have opened ports, I did an update to an earlier version as one person suggested for the router, and I have found no solution at all. I returned a new router to buy this one after being told this one would fix my issue. I can't get support on the phone or chat, so I would be so grateful if another gamer could come to my aid here. I am connected via WAN due to not having an ethernet cord that will reach 75 feet to my xbox for the time being. 

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: xbox live NAT R8000 strict and UPnp not detected

Have checked that your Internet connection is not subject to Carrier Grade NAT (CGN) and has a fully routeable IPv4 address on the WAN/Internet interface? Compare the IP address shown on the router WAN/Internet interface (in the Web UI) with a Google "what is my IP address". Ff these are different, there is CGN in place.

Message 2 of 3
PaulaO
Aspirant

Re: xbox live NAT R8000 strict and UPnp not detected

they are different! I was told to buy a VPN to fix the issue but haven't been able to find out how to use it or what to do with it... I am not the most tech savvy person. Do you know if that will fix the issue? If not, any other suggestions? 

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7