× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: #### - Connection Benchmark reports lower speeds

Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

#### - Connection Benchmark reports lower speeds

@iielmesswavy @Funstuff 

I have now sucessfully factory reset the router and ran https://speed.measurementlab.net/#/.

Ran the test three times

On average 

Download is at 200 to 205 Mbps

Upload is at 34 to 36 Mbps

-

Now after finishing all the setup and playing around with the functionality a little I also experienced the same issues as iielmesswavvy.  My download was 341/898 mbps and 49/69 mbps. Although I ran some other speed tests ookla and another and they returned 800+ down and 60+ up so I am guessing the speed is there just your reporting Rapp is erroneous.

Message 1 of 6
lotustechie
Guide

I get the following results with mlab, which still doesn't match up with DumaOS.

Test ServerNew York, US
 Download880.92 Mb/s
 Upload437.91 Mb/s
 Latency9 ms
 Retransmission0.01%

https://ibb.co/kKLjryH

Message 2 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Thank you for the information, we're still looking into it.
Message 3 of 6
Guitarslynger79
Apprentice

I do have a question here... Is there an optimal setup in the qos to properly run the connection benchmark? I haven't had any issues with it stalling out or anything like other posts have said, but I just get low download speed, while everything else comes back right. Thinking maybe it's in the way I have the qos set up.
Message 4 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It's nothing to do with your settings, it is an issue we are looking into, it is the same on our own hardware. It's probably a combination of the server used and the feature.
Message 5 of 6
Guitarslynger79
Apprentice

Sounds good. I just wasn't sure if it was a personalized experience on our ends or not. Always hard to pinpoint an issue when it's out in the wild. Different configurations, different connection types can have a lot to do with certain things.
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7