× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Connection benchmark test not working

Nlammie
Guide

Connection benchmark test not working

It used to work then started stalling at upload ping under load and now will not start at all. I have done a factory reset a few times and tried reinstalling.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Could you provide a screenshot of what you're seeing please? Do you see an error or a message appear at all?
Message 2 of 14
Nlammie
Guide

No error messages just this....I have an R2 also that works on this setupScreenshot (27).png

Message 3 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I can't see the image as it hasn't been moderated, can you use imgur or something else and post the link instead?
Message 4 of 14
Nlammie
Guide

Will try again in the morning, all it shows though is a spinning circle. I have posted before about this beta version with qos not having an affect on the benchmark, relevant?.... thanks for the prompt reply.
Message 5 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Regardless of whether it is affected by QoS for you it should definitely be loading correctly
Message 6 of 14
Nlammie
Guide

I hope this works. It times out after about 5 mins but I can access the rest of the routers menu as normal as it doesn't lock me out.

0015.jpg

Message 7 of 14
Nlammie
Guide

that never worked then....d'oh

Message 8 of 14
Nlammie
Guide

Message 9 of 14
Nlammie
Guide

That might have worked

Message 10 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Thanks I can see it now. What is your exact physical setup?
Message 11 of 14
Nlammie
Guide

Setup is adsl modem with XR500 in dmz . The XR500 has nothing attached to it so isn't causing me a problem right now and I have the R2 running the network as you sent me a later build for it , I have a different name on the Netduma forum. No settings have been changed on the XR500 , connection benchmark just didn't work properly then ceased to work at all. I did have the XR500 on my fibre connection and connection benchmark sort of work but was not able to be altered..

Message 12 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Does Connection Benchmark work on the R2 that is connected to the XR?
Message 13 of 14
Nlammie
Guide

They're on separate broadband connections, XR is on adsl 13 down 1 up and R2 on fibre 550 down and 35 up. Because you mentioned it I just set up fibre-R2-XR500 and connection benchmark worked though still not affected by reducing qos. I have returned XR500 to adsl and the first test got as far as the upload speedtest then stopped and won't work now. I have rebooted Plusnet router and changed cable even though I had connection and it won't run. The plusnet router is basic so the only setting changed is the dmz. At least I know now it's not your firmware and apologise for bothering you.

p.s. the R2 is running brilliantly on the last firmware you sent me.

Thank again for your help Fraser. When I get some time I'll see if I can put a different router in front of the XR500, I tampered with openWRT so have a spare.

Message 14 of 14
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7