× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Current best DumaOS version?

Rainyi
Tutor

Current best DumaOS version?

I currently want to know what the best firmware to use on the XR500 that doesn't get errors and is of course stable? I've heard that possibly that V2.3.2.114-DumaOS3.0.203 is stable but correct me if I'm wrong? Meanwhile to while im asking this question is there a time date for the next beta firmware release for the XR500?

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Current best DumaOS version?

In my opinion based on bug reports we've seen, that version is the most stable - it is important to mention that it is still a beta build and so there may still be some bugs.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Best bet is to read through the beta forum post on the new firmware. users post with issues and the Netduma staff regularly post on there. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/New-Firmware-v2-3-2-108-XR500/td-p/...

Message 2 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

In my opinion based on bug reports we've seen, that version is the most stable - it is important to mention that it is still a beta build and so there may still be some bugs.
Message 3 of 8
Rainyi
Tutor

Thanks, for the reply. 🙂

Message 4 of 8
generozen
Tutor

Hi 

I am current running firmware Dumas OS v2.3.2.63-dumasos3.0.92 on my XR500 and it has been pretty stable. 

What are the best steps for me to update to latest dumas os3.0 version without having issues?

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 5 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That's quite an old version, the latest is this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4mwe5sx81gsc129/XR500-V2.3.2.114-DumaOS3.0.203.img?dl=0
If you choose to upgrade then do a factory reset once it is done
Message 6 of 8
generozen
Tutor

Thanks for the quick reply.  Is this the most stable 3.0 version available now?

What are some things that still dont work on it.?

Message 7 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

In my opinion yes, nothing too serious that I am aware of
Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7