× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: #### - Devices disconnected - 100% CPU Used

Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

#### - Devices disconnected - 100% CPU Used

@mreich1978 

"So my CPU spiked again on the router. I was able to get in to it this morning to grab some screen shots of the CPU usage. All devices went offline about midnight EST. The time on the router was also incorrect. I had to reapply the NTP settings to update the router to the correct time."

Pictures: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/Issue-reporting-thread-POST-NEW-ISS...

Message 1 of 22
D3vious
Star

@mreich1978 @netdumafraser

I'm experiencing this issue also, occurring every day with around 20hrs of uptime. I cannot check the logs due to the router not responding. But a reboot fixes it.

Cheers
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 2 of 22
mreich1978
Apprentice

This issue happened again this morning. Around 8AM EST everything went offline. I was not able to get any logs from the router since it was completely unresponsive. Uptime was around 48 hours. Router responded to ping but nothing else. Please enable SSH (preferred) or Telnet on the router so we can attempt login and grab logs from the device when issues like this happen.

Message 3 of 22
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Thank you for the information everyone, I have passed it on to the developers so they will look at this asap.

@Eagleq8 is also having this issue, more information here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/Internet-dropping-suddenly-on-XR500...
Message 4 of 22
mreich1978
Apprentice

@Netduma-FraserI attached a USB drive to my router to caputure the debug log and enabled the debug log when booting up. Is there anything else I need to do or will it automatically write to the USB?

Also, why doesn't the router support ext4? I had to reformat a device just to be used on the router. Since it is a Linux system ext4 should be default.

and since I am in the debug.htm page, CPU is at 10% and 50% RAM with an uptime of 5:53 hours, is that an acceptable range?

Message 5 of 22
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@mreich1978 you will need to access that page again to save the debug log, otherwise it will be lost. It should support ext4 https://kb.netgear.com/24059/What-are-the-USB-drive-requirements-for-my-Nighthawk-router did it work before the beta? Yes that sounds fine.
Message 6 of 22
mreich1978
Apprentice

1. Ext4 didn't work had to reformat the USB to fat before it was recognized.

2. If the system isn't responding how am I supposed to write the logs to the USB? Can that be added to the next version? Debug logs constantly write to USB since it is nonvolatile storage.
Message 7 of 22
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@mreich1978 I'm not sure about the USB, @iceway_zhang any ideas? That page should be active most of the time, have you tried accessing when it happens? If not Iceway could you allow it to be saved to usb upon disconnection?
Message 8 of 22
mreich1978
Apprentice

Happened again this morning. I have 21 hours of uptime. I grabbed the logs from the router. You can take a look at them here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1traABJ-NvKGZdKrUqvSJvipaytuLZ2VF?usp=sharing

Message 9 of 22
mreich1978
Apprentice

3.5 hours of uptime and 100% CPU again. Is there any fix for this?

Message 10 of 22
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Thanks for the information, the developers will have to look into it, figure out the problem and then they can implement a fix.
Message 11 of 22
mreich1978
Apprentice

Any ETA on a fix for this yet? I am at 8 hours and 100% CPU again. This is the second reboot of the device today.

Message 12 of 22
mreich1978
Apprentice

FYI Second set of system debug has been added to the google drive link I posted earlier.

Message 13 of 22
mreich1978
Apprentice

Ok so I am at my 3rd reboot today. @Netduma-Fraser @Netduma_Alex what is the fix for this? if there isn't a fix, what replacement router should I get?

Message 14 of 22
D3vious
Star

@mreich1978 @netdumafraser

I have just dropped back to the last stable release for now. I also was getting 2-3 lock ups per day. The wife was complaining when her netflix keeps dying.

Message 15 of 22
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

The devs will look into it and try to find the cause and get a fix implemented for the next firmware. Stay on .56 now until the new version.
Message 16 of 22
Xcel
Apprentice

Having the same problem, have to reboot daily at least. 

Message 17 of 22
SurvivorOf
Aspirant

I've been having issues with my XR500 going offline suddenly. The logs are full of errors stating Error parsing line in ARP table, followed by an ivp6 address. also says something about router STALE. I am currently on the latest version of Duma O.S 3.0

Message 18 of 22
SurvivorOf
Aspirant

This issue is ruining gaming for me. I was convinced that the issue was my isp but everything is 100% on their end.

Message 19 of 22
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

A new version should be out soon, thank you for the reports, hopefully it will be more stable in the next build. Feel free to downgrade in the meantime if needed.
Message 20 of 22
Conanti
Guide

Just wanted to confirm. I checked my logs after letting it run for a few hours (My router hard locks at least 3x per day). I know it's firmware related as I didn't have these issues on previous versions. To ensure it's documented though I am going to copy some snippets from the logs

and put them here. It indeed looks like I am suffering the same issues others have stated above.

I am happy to send my full logs if anybody wants them? There are a ton of errors in the full logs.

Message 21 of 22
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Thank you for the information, if the logs are needed the devs will let me know or contact you, they may have all they need at the moment.
Message 22 of 22
Discussion stats
  • 21 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7