× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: DumaOS 3.0 beta

S1nnerReborn
Guide

DumaOS 3.0 beta

Does someone have a link or file to revert back to the latest update before the 3.0 beta? I would like to revert back as the beta update has caused my router to lose connection to the internet constantly. I have to power down my router and power it back up multiple times a day to re-establish connection, thank you in advance.
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 9
plemans
Guru

you can get the non beta firmware here:https://www.netgear.com/support/product/XR500.aspx

Message 2 of 9
Mark9816
Apprentice

I have a question I'm running the Xr500 router on the beta and I see profiles in the Geo filter for Pubg and it sets the map raius around my side of the map as I am on the west coast but the only server that comes up at all is on the east coast and is running a high ping. Plus nothing ells comes up on the map at all is this normal??

Message 3 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

The profile sets our recommended settings for the game but doesn't account for where the servers are located. Have you selected the region in game to match yours?
Message 4 of 9
Mark9816
Apprentice

Ill go in to the game and try and find that setting. Thank you for the info

Message 5 of 9
Mark9816
Apprentice

I cant find any setting in profile or other wise to change reagion on PubG. But again thanks for the idea..

Message 6 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Apparently that was removed. What is the ping you're getting to that server? Are you using QoS?
Message 7 of 9
Mark9816
Apprentice

I have the router set up all my other games I get around 25ms and under and close ping assist servers as well to me that I have been jumping off of for years now. But with this game the only thing that comes up on the map is the east coast server on the other side of the country to me so it pings around 64ms to 100ms and above it is the main east coast server. Usualy with my games I can get a close low ping server and that server I see jumps off of the east coast server for me and you see that very well with Star wars battlefront 2 when looking at the Geo filter map on how they come up when the game is connecting, But with PubG theres nothing on the map but that one and the preset for PubG sets my filter radius even to my side of the country so this is so strange.

Message 8 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I've just had a look and for some reason it does look like their only server is now in Ohio, does the ping test here correspond roughly to what the Geo-Filter shows? https://gameserverping.com/pubg
Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7