× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: General discussion thread - TALK ABOUT ANYTHING YOU LIKE HERE

Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Upload using imgur.com instead and post the link
Message 101 of 189
minino
Apprentice

for when a beta update?
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 102 of 189
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

When I have some more information I will let you know.
Message 103 of 189
minino
Apprentice

This router is not used to play apex legends, the game is fatal, the geo filter does not work and the ping is very high ...
Message 104 of 189
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

We'll be doing a cloud update for Apex but you should be able to get the best server by choosing this in game.
Message 105 of 189
TheFuzzyOne87
Apprentice

When adding QoS for other services (Skype) is there a way to know what specifically is being prioritised? Is there documentation to show what is configured under a given service?

I have a very bad Skype For Business phone call experience due to the jitter Virgin Media has in general with a SuperHub 3.0 so was wandering if this would make a difference or not by enabling it
Message 106 of 189
nemozac
Apprentice

Im thinking that there's not much difference in terms of stability for the gui in the latest beta. Qos still broken as is device manager which causes alot more issues than just showing the device off-line.
Message 107 of 189
TheFuzzyOne87
Apprentice

I think you totally mis-understood what I was asking.

Whether it works or not is not what I am asking.

I am asking what is configured under the services, aka ports etc like when you click on advance to create your own service I want to know if there is a way to see what is configured for the pre-defined services.

Thanks,

Message 108 of 189
nemozac
Apprentice

I wasn't responding to you mate sorry haha I was just making a comment in general.
Message 109 of 189
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Skype uses these ports so it will be these that are prioritized: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA148/which-ports-need-to-be-open-to-use-skype-on-desktop
Message 110 of 189
ivanrei
Star

Good Day, in the beta email it stated to subscribe to the board to receive alerts for updates, but I think subscriptions are off for this board and all topics. I have tried in all of them and it does nothing. No error or anything, just a content reload. When I do it for boards and topics outside of the beta board it works and I get a message saying it was added. Thanks in advance.
Message 111 of 189
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Yeah I think that is normal, don't worry about it. It isn't required.
Message 112 of 189
Codester3388
Tutor

I've always had issues with Netgear forum subscriptions for years. I was dreading having to come back here for the Duma beta for the same reasons. 

@ivanrei wrote:
Good Day, in the beta email it stated to subscribe to the board to receive alerts for updates, but I think subscriptions are off for this board and all topics. I have tried in all of them and it does nothing. No error or anything, just a content reload. When I do it for boards and topics outside of the beta board it works and I get a message saying it was added. Thanks in advance.

Message 113 of 189
Ricklong
Tutor

Hi,

First thanks for adding me in to the Beta. I have had some time over the weekend to look at it and have seen a few issues that I havre ported. Slow speed's in benchmarking and devices appearing offline. looking forwards I was looking to see if there would be any potential in the network monitoring to break the Download and and upload speeds perdvice to ilistrate what the breakdown between LAN (network traffic with in the home network) and WAN (internet traffic). maybe each bar could be broken down into two colours to illistrate this. 

thanks 

Message 114 of 189
minino
Apprentice

In the last update, the speed in the benchmark is very low.
on the other hand in cod warzone I limit the geofilter to Spain where it has a server with 15ms but it does not work since I always have 50ms or more. Please add auto qos soon, is very important i dont know is my best setup
Message 115 of 189
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Ricklong could you post here regarding your benchmark issue https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/Lower-than-expected-speeds-in-Conne... and here regarding the offline devices issue please: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/Devices-appearing-offline/td-p/1964...

Good idea regarding WAN/LAN but the LAN traffic won't affect your bandwidth etc but something we could implement in future.

@minino there will be a patch in the next firmware for benchmark. What does the Geo-Filter ping say?
Message 116 of 189
minino
Apprentice

i limit to spain geofilter for warzone( server is here) . server say 15ms but in the game ping is 50 or more...

Message 117 of 189
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That is normal as the game includes things like processing delay in their calculations - all games have it. The ping to focus on the most is the one the Geo-Filter shows. If that game doesn't play well then try forcing another server slightly further away and see if it plays better.
Message 118 of 189

@Netduma-Fraser I know the topic is probably covered before but should I be concerned about the routers security in comparison to Asus (Running TrendMicro that gets weekly signature updates)? I became concerned in the last week when I saw users complain about some new malware that got released and the fact that Netduma/Netgear devs take a bit longer to release security fixes(like CallStranger). I might be completely out of my depth and cloud updates might actually include something similar to ASUS malware signature updates.

Message 119 of 189
TheFuzzyOne87
Apprentice

Feature Requests / Enhancements

Thought I haven't put anything on my wish list in a while so thought I would ask Smiley Very Happy

• Logs - Would be nice if there was a verbose option or something relating to logs, what I am interested in is when qos gets triggered, to know what device (name/ip/mac address) caused qos to kick in? What game or service triggered it etc.

• Remote logging - Would be nice to be able stream logs to a syslog server (including what I want to stream) to my NAS so I can look at logs easier for specific things & have longer historical logs of stuff. (Rapp?).
Message 120 of 189
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Killerelite06 NG usually do these security updates unless anything is specifically needed from us and they will release a hotfix if required. Once the Rapp store is used and if there are any features which pose a security risk we could update these via the store.

@TheFuzzyOne87 thanks for the suggestions, I've added these to our roadmap.
Message 121 of 189
TheFuzzyOne87
Apprentice

Qos constantly being applied

Hi @Netduma-Fraser

Trying to understand why qos is getting applied so often on my router.

[DumaOS] applying qos for zone lan, Wednesday, August 26, 2020 10:02:17

[DumaOS] applying qos for zone wan, Wednesday, August 26, 2020 10:02:15

[DumaOS] applying qos for zone lan, Wednesday, August 26, 2020 10:01:43

[DumaOS] applying qos for zone wan, Wednesday, August 26, 2020 10:01:41

[DumaOS] applying qos for zone lan, Wednesday, August 26, 2020 09:57:47

[DumaOS] applying qos for zone wan, Wednesday, August 26, 2020 09:57:45

[DumaOS] applying qos for zone lan, Wednesday, August 26, 2020 09:57:34

[DumaOS] applying qos for zone wan, Wednesday, August 26, 2020 09:57:32

The only traffic prioritisation is the usual 'DumaOS Classified Games' but my consoles are disconnected from power.

What mobile games are covered? I only play PokemonGo on my phone Smiley LOL is this causing it to be triggered?

Thanks,

Message 122 of 189
nemozac
Apprentice

Re: Qos constantly being applied

Its a bug, everytime you load a page such as geo filter or qos it saves the current settings again as soon as you click on the tab. So many issues with this firmware.
Message 123 of 189
TheFuzzyOne87
Apprentice

@nemozac 

Think this is slightly different.

I am just watching the logs on the Systems Information page and these messages keep appearing, i.e I am not browsing the router, just sitting on a single page.

So something is triggering QoS so assumption is something is classified wrong maybe?

Thanks,

Message 124 of 189
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@TheFuzzyOne87 If you take a look at Traffic Prioritization do you see it lit up/prioritized packets counting when playing Pokemon? Thanks for clarifying for nemo.
Message 125 of 189
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7