× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

General discussion thread - TALK ABOUT ANYTHING YOU LIKE HERE

Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: General discussion thread - TALK ABOUT ANYTHING YOU LIKE HERE

Thanks for confirming, just to double check the wifi devices are all online and actually being used? If you use your phone and watch a video for example does the signal strength update or stay the same?
Message 51 of 189
CoronalAurora
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
Thanks for confirming, just to double check the wifi devices are all online and actually being used? If you use your phone and watch a video for example does the signal strength update or stay the same?

Hi

No it doesn't update at all....it shows N/A constantly and yes the devices are being used.

Message 52 of 189
TheFuzzyOne87
Apprentice

Have you guys considered running a Discord server / Channel or something?

Might be easier/speedier if someone reports an issue in there, easier to collaborate etc due to being instant messaging.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 53 of 189
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@CoronalAurora Thanks for confirming, I have made a ticket for this here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/Device-Manager-not-reporting-signal... if you have any more information regarding the issue please post there.

@TheFuzzyOne87 As it is a Netgear beta they control where the beta takes place. We (Netduma) have a lot of places we need to check for beta/non beta support so adding another platform would make it more difficult - that's my personal opinion anyway.
Message 54 of 189
TheFuzzyOne87
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser 

I did think what you mentioned but thought I would throw it out there anyway.

Totally understand not wanting another place to be looking at for messages etc

Message 55 of 189
TheFuzzyOne87
Apprentice

Does anyone think its worthwhile having a feature request post?

Not sure if we are allowed to ask or not but before I factory reset my device in device manager I must of had about 80 devices in there, mainly offline.

I wouldn't mind if there was a 'last seen' section that showed you the last time the device was online, when you click on a device in particular it opens that large side window, it wouldn't be bad thing to add an extra section in the side window for this seeing as you have the option to delete the device from here Smiley Very Happy

Message 56 of 189
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That's a really good idea, I'll suggest it to the team. I'll also ask about a dedicated topic for requests/suggestions, it may be that the devs just want to focus on bugs at the moment.
Message 57 of 189
TheFuzzyOne87
Apprentice

Another feature request from me! (if they are being taken or anything) Smiley Very Happy

The UPnP table, would be handy if we could pin it to the systems information or dashboard views?

Message 58 of 189
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That's a good suggestion, I don't think it will be as easy given that the Netgear settings are not designed to run as individual Rapps/panels but I'll suggest it to the team.
Message 59 of 189
TheFuzzyOne87
Apprentice

Understood.

It's just wishful thinking for me, I know none if anything I suggest will get into the OS/Firmware

So where is Netduma's remit and where does Netgear's come into play?

Sounds like the general settings is maintained by Netgear and anything cool is maintained/enhanced by Netduma?

Message 60 of 189
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You never know, all depends on ease of implementation/priority of other bugs/features. You've got it, hardware and everything on the Settings pages is Netgear and everything else is DumaOS/Netduma.
Message 61 of 189
mreich1978
Apprentice

For the connection benchmark utility is there a way to see the actual numbers or just the generic letter grades that are applied to the test? I have been troubleshooting speed issues with my ISP for the past few months and having an actual accurate test would be very helpful. The letters don't do much other than show a test completed. Plus I have a GIG connection and the last run showed only 200 down and still gave it an A. That should be a F. These letters don't really provide any useful information.

Message 62 of 189
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

There are numbers on the test, what other numbers would you like to see? We will be providing some more clarification on the grading.
Message 63 of 189
ScottsGR
Star

Please add color code for geo-filter devices.

It would be nice if each device had it's own color when using the geo-filter.

It's really hard to decern what's going on when multiple devices are on at the same time.

Message 64 of 189
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Good idea, I'll pass it onto the team!
Message 65 of 189
Padinn
Tutor

Just installed for the first time - are there any recommendations to ensure I test  properly, such as resetting to default settings? I upgraded from current public firmware.

Message 66 of 189
steviev1
Apprentice

It is recommended to do a factory reset.

Message 67 of 189
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It's not completely necessary as we know not everyone will do a reset when upgrading to 3.0 upon release so it will be good to know if there are any bugs without a reset. However, a reset would likely cause it to be more stable for you.
Message 68 of 189
Jakosaur
Guide

I wasn't planning on doing a factory reset after upgrading, but had no choice when I had no internet connection detected by the router. (mentioned among the inital reports of offline devices showing https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/Issue-reporting-thread-POST-NEW-ISS...) Wasn't too much of a problem or hassle, and v3.0 has been very stable for me since; so can't complain! 😀👍

Message 69 of 189
ScottsGR
Star

I was wondering if it's ok to talk about & show off the beta on my YouTube channel?!

Looked through the Beta rules & didn't see anything.

Just wanted to be sure before I create anything.

I'd be sure to make sure everyone knew It's in beta & not finished.

Message 70 of 189
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Hi ScottsGR, I would think the answer is probably no - just because we haven't announced all the features we've got arriving in 3.0. I've asked the team though and I'll let you know. Thank you for asking!
Message 71 of 189
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@ScottsGR we don't mind too much but it's really Netgears decision as they're running this beta so would suggest contacting them to ask.
Message 72 of 189
ScottsGR
Star

Alright cool.

Thanks for checking for me.

I wouldn't share anything that isn't already been shared.

I respect yall too much!

Message 73 of 189
riggs540
Aspirant

On the connection benchmark i can only get a d on ping underload . I am not sure if with the firmware before i was getting  a+

Was it working on the last version (62)? or is it giving the real value on the lastest firmware (63).

If it is  working then i guess it shows the bufferbloat before the router sorts it with congestion control ?

riggs540

Message 74 of 189
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@riggs540 we've got some more updates coming to benchmark that will allow higher speeds and provide clarification on grading etc so I would suggest retesting then.

@Retired_Member There is nothing on that map but glad to hear it is working for you.
Message 75 of 189
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7