× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

General discussion thread - TALK ABOUT ANYTHING YOU LIKE HERE

ScottsGR
Star

Re: General discussion thread - TALK ABOUT ANYTHING YOU LIKE HERE

I'd love for the Ping Embedder to make a return. 

I used it way back in the day for my streams & people really enjoyed seeing the ping.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 76 of 189
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

We do know that was a feature that people would like to have back so I expect it will be implemented at some point.
Message 77 of 189
BOLDSHOTER30
Aspirant

I don't think its a bug but with the XR500 device manager all the devices but one or two are showing offline maybe just not fully opperrational from what you guys were saying not everything is fully opperational like the R-apps store being removed for the time being running on 2.4GHZ and 5GHZ plus my pc and ps4 on LAN and phillips hue bridge none the less everything is staying connected and fully online 🙂 

Message 78 of 189
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

We are aware of that, it is a bug so we will be fixing it. Should hopefully have a new build available next week.
Message 79 of 189
V1Z10N
Star

Hi Guys,

Duma OS3.0 Beta Testing Feedback,

I did various tests and Im really excited for the direction in which 3.0 is heading so i hope my feedback will help the devs fix the bugs for final release,Im located in the Middle East for reference purposes.

Ping Heat Map

I pinged Call of Duty Warzone and all the servers popped up as expected then i found that you can save your own list of servers,so i did, however,when i found a better server with a lower ping,i deleted the previous list to make a new list but couldnt retrieve the old servers and when i used the Ping Heat Map again to find those servers,they were all removed from the default list with no option to restore.

Connection Benchmark

This is one of my favourite features,the speed tests are off though,ive done tests with MLab ,Speedtest.net and my ISPs Speed test firmware,they were all the same except for the Connection Benchmark which showed slower speeds than the other sites,it would be cool to choose a server closest to you to get a better grade,but regardless i love this feature please fix it.

Device Manager

I have Mixed feelings with this R-App,in the old firmware when you connect a device or connect an ethernet port it would automatically show the device on the Device Tree and the corresponding lan port would light up White for 1Gbps speed or Amber for lower speeds but with 3.0 this feature is bugged and does not do the above at all after 5 attempts,please fix it.

Thats my feedback so far from testing,i will continue to give feedback as newer builds are uploaded.

Keep up the great work to the Devs,i have faith in you guys.

Regards

V1Z10N aka Hitm4n83 

Message 80 of 189
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Thank you for your feedback - Device Manager will be fixed for the next build, we'll be implementing a fix for Connection Benchmark as well to get it showing closer to your expected speeds.

Ping Heatmap - it actually removed the set servers from the default list? Could you take a screenshot of this please?
Message 81 of 189
V1Z10N
Star

https://i.imgur.com/ap89SdR.png

@Netduma-Fraser 

I have the arrow pointing at the Qatar Amazon AWS Cloud Server that i managed to ping at 23ms the first try but since i deleted the previously saved IP,I couldnt ping it again,it just wouldnt come up but when i play Call of Duty im joining via that same AWS Server more often on 3.0 than the previous firmware so it has its Pros and Cons,i hardly get pushed onto higher pings than before,i tried fresh cloud update (to have the IP show up)...still nothing,so i hope you guys can fix this one for us.

Message 82 of 189
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I don't think it's been removed I think it's just one of the ones that has failed to ping, if you look down the list on the right do you see it listed?
Message 83 of 189

Not gonna lie was hovering over the buy button this morning after watching @Theillestbeast on the Netduma R2. I am curious when the XR500 firmware will catch up with the R2 firmware especially the Auto QoS setup.

Message 84 of 189
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Glad you're liking the features that we've added. We're on track for a new build this week so should be closer to the R2 - might not be exactly the same just yet.
Message 85 of 189
mreich1978
Apprentice

Is there any chance that the adblock feature will be enabled in the next build? Do you have a list of bugs that have been fixed so that we know what to look for and test?

Message 86 of 189
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Not as far as I am aware. When we release the new firmware we'll include a change log of what has been fixed so you can check.
Message 87 of 189
V1Z10N
Star

From - Netduma Fraser

I don't think it's been removed I think it's just one of the ones that has failed to ping, if you look down the list on the right do you see it listed?

Sorry for the late response bruv @Netduma-Fraser  but yeah i dont see it on my list ,but it does ping the server and i do get 23ms ping to it via ping assist which to me indicates it could be a visual bug,that since i deleted the custom server list with the Ip that it doesnt show up on the Ping Heat Map default list but its being pinged in the background,hope my explanation helps yall find a fix for this.

Waiting patiently for the next firmware update,keep up the great works guys.

Message 88 of 189
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Yeah that explains it thank you, there should be a new build super soon so please let us know if you see the same issue there as well.
Message 89 of 189
Shiyam
Tutor

Hi All,

New to the beta testing forum, just loaded xx.63 and loving it so far!

One quick question, I was hoping that device manager would include access control list, or a way to whitelisting MAC Address, is this likely to be added in the future?

Thanks! 

Message 90 of 189
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It certainly can be yes, I will add it to our roadmap to implement in future.
Message 91 of 189
Shiyam
Tutor

Thanks Fraser,

There are some really good use cases for a well implemented ACL, let me know if you need a hand convincing your team 😀
Message 92 of 189
RA1NS
Guide

How do i attach a photo to my posts/replies? I have the option to "insert a video" but not an option for photos...

Message 93 of 189
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

'Click Reply' then click choose file under the text box.
Message 94 of 189
minino
Apprentice

hi, will you implement the auto qos like r2? it's a big improvement
Message 95 of 189
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Yes we'll include the Auto Setup option, not sure if it will be in this latest version or not.
Message 96 of 189
minino
Apprentice

Another good idea would be to be able to create several filters in the geofilter for different games since when I change from apex legends to cod I have to modify the geofilter map.
postscript "geofilter for apex legends is not working properly"
Message 97 of 189
locosano
Star

hi everyone already thank you for giving me access to this beta 3.0 I am really happy with the work done on this update whether it is design or functionality, I have for the moment noticed a problem with the benchmark connection which I spoke in the appropriate section
thank you to you and very good job;)

Message 98 of 189
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@minino we have discussed several 'tabs' for the Geo-Filter so that's good to hear you'd like something similar. Unlikely to be in 3.0 but maybe 3.1.
Message 99 of 189
RA1NS
Guide

I don't seem to have that option.. I checked using my PC and my phone. I have no clue why I wouldn't. Oh well, I guess.. 

Message 100 of 189
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7