× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

General discussion thread - TALK ABOUT ANYTHING YOU LIKE HERE

TheFuzzyOne87
Apprentice

Re: Qos constantly being applied

Hi @Netduma-Fraser 

Nope it doesnt light up to show its being prioritized when I fire up the game.

Thanks,

Message 126 of 189
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Do you have Congestion Control active/applying settings?
Message 127 of 189
TheFuzzyOne87
Apprentice

Message 128 of 189
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Yes thank you. It's likely appearing in the logs because devices are using the internet and it is applying it to them. You do have more entries than I would expect but it's normal to see them.
Message 129 of 189
TheFuzzyOne87
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser 

Should this not only apply when it detects Traffic Prioritization though? Thats the only time it should then start to perform any congestion control? 

It does seem like the router is detecting traffic it classifies as a 'DumaOS Classified Game' as the counters do look to be incrementing in small amounts.

I am going to factory reset now to see what happens for the other stuff I have been flagging also.

Message 130 of 189
minino
Apprentice

Re: General discussion thread - TALK ABOUT ANYTHING YOU LIKE HERE

hi, it would be nice to be able to block from ping heatmap the servers you don't want your game to connect to and allow the one if you want. in apex legends it doesn't let me block the london server, it only appears allow me (deny appears dark)

add photo

https://ibb.co/ryLrVzB 

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 131 of 189
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@TheFuzzyOne87 Congestion Control is active so that will be limiting devices and ensuring all devices can use the internet how they want so QoS is being used here. What game are you playing?

@minino that server is required for online play so that won't affect your game ping. We are looking at ways to integrate heatmap and Geo-Filter more closely so it can be more powerful.
Message 132 of 189
TheFuzzyOne87
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser 

I am not playing any games thats the point lol

During the day I am working, not gaming so trying to figure out why the QoS keeps applying and why the 'traffic prioritization' packets increment when I am not playing any games lol

This is why I am wandering whether work related stuff is being classified as games or something.

Thanks,

Message 133 of 189
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@TheFuzzyOne87 Congestion Control is separate so that is always applying and why the log entries will be appearing. Regarding Traffic Prio is it lit up or is it background packets that update?
Message 134 of 189
TheFuzzyOne87
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser 

Can you explain how congestion control works please? Assumption would be when I hit the configured bandwidths it would then start to apply the congestion control?

I am not hitting anything near 300mbps during the day so I can't see why it would apply constantly lol

The red circles light up every so often (when not gaming) if I sit on the page and watch like a sad person for a while Smiley LOL

https://imgur.com/a/LPtxBb6

Message 135 of 189
TheFuzzyOne87
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser 

Literally just happened lol

https://imgur.com/a/Nyjq09n

It coincides with the logs also:

[DumaOS] applying qos for zone lan, Wednesday, August 26, 2020 20:32:29

[DumaOS] applying qos for zone wan, Wednesday, August 26, 2020 20:32:28

[DumaOS] applying qos for zone lan, Wednesday, August 26, 2020 20:32:16

[DumaOS] applying qos for zone wan, Wednesday, August 26, 2020 20:32:14

Message 136 of 189
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@TheFuzzyOne87 Congestion Control throttles speeds to allow a buffer so that speeds can never be saturated and thus never cause you lag - do you have it set to Always? If so then it's always applying. If there is something caught within your settings briefly it will go on - most likely a check in with a server - perhaps a client is in the system tray for example.
Message 137 of 189
TheFuzzyOne87
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser 

It's set to auto-enable.

The only thing I can think of would be the bloatware on my girlfriends work laptop, I think it's Windows 10 and you have an Xbox app built in or something.

I'll have a look at her laptop when she lefts me have a look to see if its running as a Tile or something.

Thanks,

PS - This is a prime example of having the verbose option for logs so I don't bother you so much Smiley Tongue

Message 138 of 189
TheFuzzyOne87
Apprentice

Hey @Netduma-Fraser 

Figured out a way to get the router to tell me what device is hitting the traffic prioritization rule.

I can use the 'Traffic Controller' to tell me, configure a rule for any of the suspecting devices for the catogory 'Gaming' and see if the packets increment for said device and correlate with the logs etc.

I even added all the various bits I want to see in one place to the dashboard https://imgur.com/a/GsbLe4V

I can stop pestering you about it now lol.

Message 139 of 189
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@TheFuzzyOne87 That's very clever! Haha not pestering, don't worry!
Message 140 of 189
TheFuzzyOne87
Apprentice

Wouldn't say its really clever but thanks lol

Looks like its my NVIDIA Shield TV box doing something funky, although throughout the night nothing was triggered for QoS, I see the packets have incremented a bit throughout the day etc on the Traffic control side but nothing increased on the Traffic Prioritization side which is odd.

I uninstalled the updates for the Google Play app (can't uninstall it completely) and force stopped it but packets increment very small still.

Not a lover of Android tbh lol

Thanks,

Message 141 of 189
minino
Apprentice

Could you download and install version 2.3.2.63 again?
Message 142 of 189
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@minimo the same version? Yes absolutely. If a previous version it would be better for bug fixing if you were to stay on the current build.
Message 143 of 189
minino
Apprentice

I'm in dumaos 3 last beta, but apex legends is getting worse, a lot of lag and no hit detection, I could go back to 2.3.2 again, right?
Message 144 of 189
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

There should be no difference as we advise not to use the Geo-Filter at the moment. I'd suggest using QoS to get Ping Under Load down as much as possible in benchmark but if you wish to you can downgrade.
Message 145 of 189
minino
Apprentice

I have 1gb upload and download, what would you recommend? I have tested from 70% to 100% and I cannot find the optimal one
Message 146 of 189
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Look at the average ping and then see what it is under load for both, try and get both those values close to the average. The percentages may not be the same for both download and upload. Go down lower than 70% and see if it budges.
Message 147 of 189
Scrubosaurus
Guide

QoS on beta

Hello guys

When i try to go on QoS setting, my router reboots and i lose DNS and DHCP.

i have to change DHCP off and back on, and change DNS for it to work properly again.

Message 148 of 189
mreich1978
Apprentice

Re: QoS on beta

The current fix for those errors is to go back to .56. Something broke yesterday and there are a lot of posts about this. Downgrading to any other beta version will not fix the issues. I spent a few hours this morning trying to get my router working, but the only fix is to go back to .56

Message 149 of 189
itsyamce
Guide

XR500 GEO-FILTER PING ISSUES

Hello beta testers im currently on Xbox One and i notice that i still have problems in my Geo-Filter when it comes to testing my "Test network speed & statistics " on Xbox One network settings. i currently have the 3.0 beta on XR500. This was also an issue before the beta was released to the public. I have "flush the cloud" and nothing changed. I've also unticked filtering mode and it seem to work perfectly fine with a 30ms ping on my NetWork Statistics but i don't like playing in spectecting mode because it throws me in some bad servers with high ping, i always perfer to play on a low ping dedicated server while Filtering mode is on. I seem to play on a 11ms ping server all the time in Modern Warfare while "filtering mode" is ticked and it also gives me a high 70ms ping in my "Testing network speed & statistics" on Xbox One. Idk if this is a bug from the Geo-Filter or Xbox One Servers

@Netduma-Fraser @Theillestbeast 

Message 150 of 189
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7