× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Geo-filter

harabuji
Tutor

Geo-filter

I actually have the XR1000 rather than XR700 but I believe the answers are similar.

I'm a beginner at the DumaOS so I have some questions that hopefully get answered. Regarding the Geo-Filtering for console, it seems that everyone I play with gets banned before I get the chance to start a game with them, until I allow them manually. Is there a way that it allows people to play with me automatically? Also using the Geo-Filter I can see where the server is located but its on the otherside of the country. Should I make the circle large enough for the server to be inside for better connection?

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 15

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I wouldn't have it that wide, say for example you just want East Coast then make the radius big enough to encompass the whole coast but so that everything outside that is blocked. You could also use a Polygon instead to draw the area you want.

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 15

All Replies
Phantomblu
Apprentice

You need to take the tick off filtering mode and allow their IPs. Only after that can you possibly put the filter mode back if your friends have the same IP. Otherwise you will have to repeat the operation. My advice is that when you play with them it leaves the filtering mode disconnected.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 2 of 15
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Take a look at the bottom of this guide: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000077072-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-g... it will let you know how to allow your friends so that you can connect to them when you are using filtering mode. Could you provide a screenshot of the Geo-Filter when you see the server outside your radius please? Then I can best advise.
Message 3 of 15
harabuji
Tutor

Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 7.09.20 PM.png

Message 4 of 15
harabuji
Tutor

I'm not sure if the picture was sent so I'll send another one just in case

Server ScreenshotServer Screenshot

Message 5 of 15
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Ah so servers with a solid white circle like that are either whitelisted by us (they're authentication servers required for online play) or they have been added to your allow list. That won't have been the server unless it was one you added to the list. Was that while you were in a game?
Message 6 of 15
harabuji
Tutor

yes, it was right before I started a match.

Message 7 of 15
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Did another server then appear within the radius when in the game or did you allow that one manually?
Message 8 of 15
harabuji
Tutor

Actually, I think it appeared before using filtering mode because I didn't allow/deny any servers. This was the only server to appear I believe.

Message 9 of 15
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Please try this:

Completely quit the game and hard turn off the console.
Remove the device from the Geo-Filter
Flush the cloud
Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter
Setup your settings with 0 Ping Assist and strict mode on, radius where you want to force the servers
Wait 2 minutes
Boot up the game
Message 10 of 15
harabuji
Tutor

When you say radius, should I make the circle smaller? Or should I put the server inside the circle?

Message 11 of 15
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Not necessarily smaller, place it wider enough so it captures the area of the server you want to play on
Message 12 of 15
harabuji
Tutor

I apologize if I did this incorrectly but is this what you mean?Screen Shot 2021-01-10 at 5.05.14 PM.png

Message 13 of 15
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I wouldn't have it that wide, say for example you just want East Coast then make the radius big enough to encompass the whole coast but so that everything outside that is blocked. You could also use a Polygon instead to draw the area you want.
Message 14 of 15
harabuji
Tutor

Oh I see. Thank you very much!

Message 15 of 15
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7