× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Has the XR1000 been abandoned??

MightyM69
Initiate

Has the XR1000 been abandoned??

Guys what is actually going on with the XR1000? No updates.. The UI is slower then anything i've ever seen. There is no RAPP store or whatever you guys call it... Honestly i got this nearly a year ago and has not been worth it. It's basically a normal router with some minor extra addons. The Geo filter hardly works on the XR1000. There is no hybrid vpn setting. I could've just got a asus router for £50 and it would've nearly done the exact same thing. Where are all the features and functions advertised? I have seen no difference in performace by switching to this router from a generic isp router.

• No difference in ping.
  • No difference in speed.
  • The Geo-Filter works from time to time.
  • Extremely slow UI.
  • Error "Missing JSON Response." Every other tab you go on.
  • From time to time you'll probably have to do a factory reset as everything becomes so slow its not usable & you'll start getting connectivity issues.

If i could go back i would not have purchased this router. I highly recomend you do not purchase this router as it doesn't get any updates to fix all the problems it has and doesn't have nearly as many features as it should for the premium price.

Message 1 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It's not been abandoned and updates will be coming. The Rapp store will come in future but not for the moment. Are you using any of the features at all such as QoS? If you're only using the Geo-Filter sometimes then you won't be maximizing its potential. No router can improve your speed, only by updating your speeds through your internet provider can that happen. What web browser are you using to access the interface? If you're using Armor that is possibly what is slowing the interface down and causing that error
Message 2 of 6
Shadeaux
Star

How about you fix the geofilter and heat map not loading on brand new XR1000 or on XR500 I replaced because the Rapps were not loading?

Message 3 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Shadeaux i've responded to you in the other topic
Message 4 of 6
JesteryJeff
Tutor

This is seriously a joke. You spend all this money on a router you would think be a flagship but lower tier models get more love and updates. XR1000 is 100% abandoned out of the gate. I've had this router over year and seen nothing of an update. Things dont function as they should. I cant even use usb harddrive without it eventually causing the router to crash (so NAS function doesnt work and you have to factory reset the router). Json errors, Dynamic ddns  you cant register, no hybridvpn... I told myself i wouldnt buy another netgear after the poor customer support i recieved over a r7000v2 (which was a faulty device). Netgear just wanted more $$$ for support because apparently the life span of a $200 modem router is 90 days. I found netduma at bestbuy and decided to give it a shot concidering i'm a gamer. Paid the premium for the better of the netgear dumaos routers thinking id recieve the best product\ support. WRONG. To prove a point XR1000 owners cant even select their device in this forum... They dont care about xr1000 and that is a fact. Total of 3 firmware updates with minor bug fixes, language support, and security updates.  100% last netgear or dumaos device i buy. I also wish i didnt purchase this router.

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 5 of 6
MightyM69
Initiate

Couldn’t agree more. I thought I was the only one having issues with adding a hard drive or usb. I honestly feel as if people need to speak out more. It’s just not right spending all that money on a product that has mostly been abandoned. Even on their first advertisements of the XR1000 they showed the RAPP store on the dumaos but they’ve still not implemented it. Sometimes I feel as if I’ve been scammed by this company, but then I try to convince myself it was a good buy so I don’t have to worry about the price I spent on this very normal, slightly above average quality router. They market it as a gaming router with all these amazing features but they hardly even work. So you think to yourself, “oh, at least it has vpn. Maybe it’s not completely useless” but then you realise it’s not a the vpn you actually wanted and advertised on the other routers with dumaos. Then you start thinking, if it doesn’t have half the features of the other cheaper routers with dumaos, if it doesn’t have “hybrid vpn” capability, if the only plus side of this router is Wi-Fi 6. Why on gods green earth did I buy it. After a week you’ll stop using all the gaming features (because they don’t work properly) and you’ll go on the router settings checking for updates around once or twice a month hoping they’ll eventually update it and you’ll get something for all the money you paid. Then you’ll start looking at forums to see what other people have said. Eventually you just take the L and realised you’ve been tricked.
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 17 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7