× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Incorrect connection speed results XR450

Old_Soldier
Apprentice

Incorrect connection speed results XR450

I have a XR450, not a xr500, for starters, but the 450 isn't on the model list. Anyway, it's running Duma 3.0.202 and the firmware is 2.3.2.120. I'm on Xfinity Extreme+, which is 800mbps/20mbps. Running the router's speed test has always given the incorrect results, for the download speed. Typically, under 450mbps. Running checks using Xfinity's speed test app and Ookla speedtest, I have gotten results as high as 965mbps down to 750mbps. I've spent a lot of time, reading through posts and have found that others have reported similar results, but no solutions. Anyone have any ideas?

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Incorrect connection speed results XR450

Okay no worries then, we're still working on improving that, you can ignore it for the moment as the router is getting the expected speeds

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Have you entered your expected speeds in the Congestion Control settings? Are you referring to Connection Benchmark or the speedtest during the setup wizard? Does speedtest.net report your expected speeds through the XR?
Message 2 of 5
Old_Soldier
Apprentice

Yes, I did enter the speeds and yes, it is the connection benchmark I'm talking about. I reset the router, as well, when I installed .120.

Speedtest.net does give correct results.

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

You just concerned because the built in test doesn't hit the same test you get? 

Its because the built in test rarely picks the best server. 

If you're hardwired devices are getting the full speeds, i wouldn't worry about the built in test

Message 4 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay no worries then, we're still working on improving that, you can ignore it for the moment as the router is getting the expected speeds
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7