× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Is there a bugfix for this problem?

gisuck
Apprentice

Is there a bugfix for this problem?

[DumaOS] config write 'com.netdumasoftware.qos.settings', Thursday, November 05, 2020 17:10:22
[DumaOS] RPC call 'disabled' exception 'ERROR: Rule not found in chain stack traceback: ^I?: in function '__new__' ^I?: in func,ion '?' ^I?: in function <?:469> ^I(tail call): ? ^I?: in function <?:238> ^I(tail call): ? ^I(tail call): ? ^I?: in function '?' ^I?: in function 'reset_interface' ^I?: in function '?' ^I?: in function 'reset' ^I... ^I[C]: in function 'run' ^I?: in function <?:404> ^I[C]: in function 'xpcall' ^I?: in function 'try' ^I?: in function <?:263> ^I(tail call): ? ^I?: in function <?:30> ^I[C]: in function 'xpcall' ^I?: in main chunk ^I[C]: ?' Thursday, November 05, 2020 17:10:19
[DumaOS] Long call 'del_rule' exception 'ERROR: Rule not found in chain stack traceback: ^I?: in function '__new__' ^I?: in fun,tion '?' ^I?: in function <?:469> ^I(tail call): ? ^I?: in main chunk ^I[C]: in function 'require' ^I?: in main chunk ^I[C]: in function 'require' ^I?: in main chunk ^I?: in function <?:263> ^I(tail call): ? ^I?: in function <?:30> ^I[C]: in function 'xpcall' ^I?: in main chunk ^I[C]: ?' Thursday, November 05, 2020 17:10:19
[DumaOS] RPC call 'set_dpi_settings' exception 'ERROR: Exec 'ip6tables -t mangle -D nd_output_mangle -p udp --sport 53 -m mar, --mark 0x0/0x7fc000 -j NFQUEUE --queue-num 1 ' failed with 1 stack traceback: ^I?: in function '__new__' ^I?: in function '?' ^I?: in function <?:469> ^I(tail call): ? ^I?: in function <?:238> ^I(tail call): ? ^I(tail call): ? ^I?: in function '?' ^I?: in function <?:510> ^I?: in function <?:382> ^I[C]: in function 'xpcall' ^I... ^I[C]: in function 'run' ^I?: in function <?:404> ^I[C]: in function 'xpcall' ^I?: in function 'try' ^I?: in function <?:263> ^I(tail call): ? ^I?: in function <?:30> ^I[C]: in function 'xpcall' ^I?: in main chunk ^I[C]: ?' Thursday, November 05, 2020 17:10:19
[DumaOS] Long call 'del_rule' exception 'ERROR: Exec 'ip6tables -t mangle -D nd_output_mangle -p udp --sport 53 -m mark --mar, 0x0/0x7fc000 -j NFQUEUE --queue-num 1 ' failed with 1 stack traceback: ^I?: in function '__new__' ^I?: in function '?' ^I?: in function <?:469> ^I(tail call): ? ^I?: in function 'safe_execute' ^I?: in function <?:1104> ^I?: in function '?' ^I?: in function '?' ^I?: in function <?:200> ^I[C]: in function 'xpcall' ^I?: in function 'try' ^I... ^I[C]: in function 'run' ^I?: in function <?:404> ^I[C]: in function 'xpcall' ^I?: in function 'try' ^I?: in function <?:263> ^I(tail call): ? ^I?: in function <?:30> ^I[C]: in function 'xpcall' ^I?: in main chunk ^I[C]: ?' Thursday, November 05, 2020 17:10:19
[DumaOS] config write 'com.netdumasoftware.qos.settings', Thursday, November 05, 2020 17:10:15

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I assume you got this from the logs, are you seeing an error message on the QoS page?
Message 2 of 8
gisuck
Apprentice

The QoS is completely broken. I had to do some leg work to disable QoS since the disable button was broken too. Wasn't fun. Hoping the next release will have this fixed. I had to go through this process as it caused IPTV to result in black picture on changing the channel. Sometimes you have to wait 5 minutes for picture to come back. Sometimes it doesn't com back. The system I'm on is similar and same equipment was Xfinity system. Using Rogers IgniteTV here.

The other bug I'm noticing is that when WAN is configured for DHCP and the DHCP lease is renewed, it'll shutdown the LAN ports briefly. I think I reported this previously on the other forums. It was a significant problem when my ISP had a lease time at 1 hour. Every 30 mins I would get briefly disconnected as the LAN ports restarted. I got the ISP to increase the lease time to 2 days which minimizes the impact.

Message 3 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Is the IPTV connected to the XR directly and is it provided by the ISP? Yes the DHCP issue I'm working with NG at the moment to try and get it fixed asap.
Message 4 of 8
gisuck
Apprentice

Yes, Rogers provides the IPTV service via their Xi6 boxes. It's wirelessly connected to the XR via WiFi. Part in troubleshooting the DHCP Lease issues I had with Rogers, they replaced the Arris XB6 cable modem with Technicolor XB6.

Just googling the device, here's what the Xi6 looks like https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/7659i5AF47305E8270403?v=1.0

Message 5 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

IPTV probably needs to be connected to that box rather than the XR as some providers require that but in WAN Settings toggle IGMP Proxying and see if that helps the issue.
Message 6 of 8
gisuck
Apprentice

There isn't a box to connect to. I would either have to give up using the XR500 as a router and use the XB6 cable modem as the router instead. The connectivity is all WiFi based.

Turning off QoS fixed the black picture issue. This wasn't a problem with the GA release firmware, only the beta firmware is producing black picture.

Message 7 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Glad to hear that fixed it. I've made an internal ticket for the issue.
Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7