× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Issue reporting thread - POST NEW ISSUES HERE (V 2.63 running DumaOS 3.0.139)

Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Issue reporting thread - POST NEW ISSUES HERE (V 2.63 running DumaOS 3.0.139)

This thread is reporting issues and bugs you find in DumaOS 3.0. Bugs reported here will be converted into separate threads by Netgear or Netduma staff members, and discussion can continue there. Please try to avoid long conversations in this thread.

For conversation and discussion, please use this thread: CLICK HERE

Message 1 of 635
nemozac
Apprentice

Re: Issue reporting thread - POST NEW ISSUES HERE (V 2.63 running DumaOS 3.0.139)

Changing qos settings results in same RPC error no ent.
Opening up the system information tab results in an error; Uncaught SecurityError: Blocked a frame with origin "http://192.168.1.1" from accessing a cross-origin frame.

Factory reset after install
Message 2 of 635
z0nk
Star

I've upgraded firmware to beta, it works fine for 1 day. Then when I came home I saw that only usb2 led is white and one of led where I have lan cabble connected. When I try to power off and power on router, half of leds blinks white, then instantly usb2 led is powering on.

No reaction for 30-30-30 reset at all.

What option do I have, if my device doesn't have warranty?

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 3 of 635
nemozac
Apprentice

I would tftp the latest beta.
Message 4 of 635
DMC51450
Star

DUMA OS 3.0 first beta XR500 firmware: V2.3.2.63-DUMAOS3.0.92

What's up guys !!! Here's the problems....

ps: ''other work'' = ask Fraser he knows 😉 !!!

- Problem with connection test = same download problem than with (my other work 😉 ) so when connection tests it ramps up way too high aka 40ms-60ms while my line is around 10ms (on other job 😉 ) Same problem also on upload side on both XR500 and (other job) and upload side still not fixed on (other job) . To help you understand... until 3 weeks ago we had these problems (on other job) and you fixed the download side in a newer firmware release 😉 !!! That problem gives me a D in third test while if i unplug XR500 and jump on ''other job'' then i get my 3x A+ like time after time (only since the proper fixed firmware...before that firmware it was giving D like on XR500 right now) so the third connection test starts ramping way too high then drop to real latency/speed !!!

- IPV6 having a huge problem... a sleeping problem aka You have to always re-apply ipv6 after each reboot of XR500... you won't get your 6 to 4 tunnel adress if you don't re-apply !!! Reboot XR500... go on ipleak.net... even if you refresh 30x times you won't see your ipv6... go in settings/ipv6 and press apply ... wait till it reload the page... then refresh the ipleak.net page and voilà you get your ipv6 !!! It do that on both auto-config and manual 6 to 4 tunnel !!!

- ipv6 auto-config problem = when you apply auto config... it apply then it search what ipv6 your line have... doing that it will refresh the page like 3-4 times then it will show the result... in my case it show 6to4 tunnel... after some minutes or a reboot of XR500... it then switch to another setting like dhcp... so no ipv6 showing and that cause a huge lost in internet performance (you can confirm that by the time your browser take to show your ip... like under ipv4/ipv6 it tells you how much time it took to see the actual ip data... normaly i'm around 109ms... when that happen (that auto config switch setting by itself) the results jump in the thousands ms !!! When you re-apply the 6to4 tunnel or auto config it then drop back to around 109ms !!! If i'm set in manual 6to4 tunnel... after a reboot it won't give me my ipv6 so ipleak.net ip searching time jumps in the 500ms-1000ms aka a bit less impacting vs in auto config mode but still it impact the overall internet line !!!

- QOS: Still need to apply Update Distribution on both download/upload after a reset distribution or changing the distribution !!!

- Geo Filter: Last week you guys fixed a part of geo filter aka Ping Assist so it works now whatever where we set our homes (CONGRATS) ... but on XR500 it's hard to find lobbies now and a lot of dedis are missing... some are not always showing and need a lot of refresh to start showing on the map !!! Also if you pingheatmap ya'll see that there is way too much FAILED tests ... just like on ''other job'' since last firmware and since last week when you fixed the ping assist on your side (without a firmware)... like on ''other job'' we now have like only 10 failed dedis... on XR500 right now it's over 30 failed dedis aka way too much !!!

- manual flush cloud mostly always give errors... if you lucky and don't see a popup error message then just look in logs and ya'll see errors !!! But you managed to fix the auto-update cloud aka Now the Cloud ALWAYS update to latest cloud when the router boot... after each reboot of XR500 you can see in logs that it's True and Up to date !!! Still not seeing any references to cloud in logs of ''other job'' so good thing for that XR500 !!!

- XR500 is in sleeping mode until you open a web browser and enter in Duma Os !!! Like normaly... after let's say 30seconds being active the router should then know that internet is Online... but it doesn't until you enter Duma Os... either you enter directly in duma os after reboot or you wait 30mins before entering duma os, it doesn't matter, it will always take like 25seconds when entering duma os for XR500 to knows internet is Online !!! Status will ''search'' connection state... when it find it then says Connected... now to confirm i ain't crazy (not on that at least 😛 ) close browser and you can wait 5mins...60mins...3 hours ect and enter in duma os again... boom it automaticaly shows your online without again having to search for connection status... meaning once it finds that connection is online then it never have to search for it again !!! So XR500 don't knows it is Online and Active until you start Duma OS so it can search for connection status !!! Kind of ''sleeping mode'' also...(like ipv6) doesn't it 😛 !!!

- WIFI: Wifi devices shows as offline like always... but still every wifi devices can access internet... just device manager saying they're offline !!! Also there is no dfs channels but normal 5ghz channels are there (153 ect) while thei're not on ''other job'' !!!

- Geo Filter: Ping assist graphs not showing just like on ''other job'' !!!

- Geo Filter: Tickrate is unstable !!! R1(3.0) is now flawlessly stable at 120hz... ''other job'' is stable but in low state at 80hz-90hz like R1 was before duma os 3.0 ... XR500 is unstable and becomes almost flawlessly stable after my ''Optimisation trick'' but still have spikes to 180hz... while the 2 others are flawlessly stables and never spike or drop !!! 2 months ago i tested to see if i could keep the XR500 stable on .56 without a factory reset after upgrading to .56 (this is my latest XR500 and never upgraded it to .56 because .56 broke my first XR500 everytime i tried it)... it worked but i was getting even more dos attacks and fraggle attacks than on .40 ... so instead of upgrading from .56 to 3.0 i decided to downgrade to .40 and then factory before upgrading to 3.0 (to make sure it still stabilisable and optimal before upgrading to 3.0 and i tought that doing it that way would prevent keeping traces of .56... i was wrong) but the .56 really destroy the XR500 so it kept traces and because of that was un-stabilisable !!! I did 3x factory and tested... was mostly stable at 120hz but always having drops to 60hz (just like my first XR500 wich is un-stabilisable right now on 3.0 because of .56)... so i knew it wasn't good... i had to do over 10 factory resets and downgraded to first XR500 firmware and upgraded each firmware versions with factory reset after each upgrade/setup/reboot... then i was again able to stabilise it at 120hz after my ''optimisation trick'' so i upgraded to 3.0... reboot...factory reset... full setup !!! Now it 's bouncing from 60hz-120hz without my ''optimisation trick''... and 120hz to 180hz after my ''optimisation trick'' aka like before Duma Os 3.0 !!! Second XR500 is mostly stable at 120hz but always drop to 60hz... even after my ''optimisation trick'' and that's because of a factory reset while on .56 (and this XR500 have tried .56 a lot of times and .56 broke it everytime and took so many factory resets and downgrades to fix and bring back to stabilisable state... but this time i didn't succeeded yet... i'll have to work on it again to fix it one more time and then bringing it back on 3.0 (but not now as i already deal with 4 duma os routers right now 😛 ) !!!

- Sorry if it was too long... have to talk a bit about each problems 😛

Keep up the good work both teams... you guys are awesome !!!

Take care... Peeeaace !!!

PS:

Message 5 of 635
DMC51450
Star

sorry i was writing this results of my first tests on XR500 3.0 ...and you guys added a new firmware and locked other threads so when i pressed send it then blocked me... so thoses are my first results... going to update and factory and settup and test newer firmware and report back !!! Peeeaace !!!

Message 6 of 635
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@nemozac What specific settings did you change where you saw these messages? Also what web browser are you using?

@z0nk Was this on the previous firmware? Use TFTP to upgrade to the latest beta file: https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP

@DMC51450 please use the new firmware and see what your experience is. Also please could you keep your comments more precise so we can easily relay them to the dev team?
Message 7 of 635
DillyDilly
Apprentice

These may still be known issues, but here is what I have seen so far:  1.) Device manager still not working.  It does not show all online devices.  Many devices are indicating offline; 2.) Connection benchmark does not report actual download speeds as compared to speed test in initial setup.  Download speed in QOS tested at 674 Mbps versus 301 Mbps in Connection Benchmark

Message 8 of 635
nemozac
Apprentice

Hi, changing qos ABB %. Its gone after a reset and can change settings correctly but upload still seems iffy compared to .56. Happy to report that using the reboot from router function actually connects back to the Internet once reset 🙂
Message 9 of 635
nemozac
Apprentice

sorry using chrome beta on Android 10
Message 10 of 635
OverTime247
Guide

After turning on IPV6 started getting error code ( RPC error 'ERROR_NOENT': Rule not found in chain) when opening up other apps , disabled and rebooted the router and it went away . Ping is lower on connection benchmark and ping heatmap from yesterday . Good  sign its more stable. This is on new firmware XR500 V2.3.2.63-DUMAOS3.0.139 .

Message 11 of 635
nemozac
Apprentice

Geo filter won't show anything except this error code: RPC error 'ERROR_UNKNOWN': assertion failed! -> stack traceback: ?: in function <?:73> [C]: in function 'assert' ?: in function <?:199> ?: in function <?:382> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in function 'try' ?: in function <?:346> [C]: in function 'run' ?: in function <?:404> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in function 'try' ?: in function <?:263> (tail call): ? ?: in function <?:30> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in main chunk [C]: ?
Message 12 of 635
nemozac
Apprentice

Devices still showing off-line. Upnp not showing ports that are opened. Due to device showing off-line I would say.
Message 13 of 635
Shiyam
Tutor

Hi All,

First of all thanks for getting the XXX.139 update out! I've got three bugs to report so far, they maybe interlinked.

Firmware: XR500 V2.3.2.63-DUMAOS3.0.139

Device Manager is broken:
- Does not show all online and active devices
- Some devices not have IP address when you click on them.
This has been proven as an issue, I can use the Nighthawk iOS app and the device manager within this app shows all the correct information. 

Network Monitor:
- The data shown in Network Snapshot is incorrect
- I was downloading a file at 87Mbps on a device for 6 minutes, and total network usage showed 0.6Mbps.
- this device was also listed as offline on Device Manager, hence the data usage may have been excluded this traffic

Traffic Monitor
- in the add rule section, some devices are repeated numerous times

Thanks 🙂

Message 14 of 635
z0nk
Star

on 18/08:

1. made settings backup

2. puted new firmware (XR500-V2.3.2.63-DUMAOS3.0.92.img) using tftp (late evening)

3. reset to factory settings

4. reconfigured router from begging (I didn't use backup made in step 1)

--== router was working fine - no issues noticed ==--

on 19/08:

On the morning router powered on and still working fine - no issues, leaved powered on.

When I came back from office I saw that only "usb2" led is white and LAN4 is amber(I have TV connected over wired cable and it's not 100Mbit full duplex - it was always amber when TV was on). When I unplug TV amber light on LAN4 is off.

I thought that it's freezed, so I turned it Off, wait 15sek, turned on - and instantly same behaviour (only usb2 is white)

as Next try I tried to disconnect all cables for 30min, then connect only power adapter - still same beaviour (only usb2 is white)

another try was reset procedure to put firmware under tftp, however router didn't reacted for reset button.

So currently is looks like:

- power adapter is on

- when I push power button on back of the device only lights that are on the right side of the usb2 shortly blinks white (when it was working fine, all light blinked white)

- after that only usb2 is white - no futhure reaction

I'm not 100% sure if it's beta releated (as just after upgrade it works fine, it brokes on next day). The router is 6 month out of warranty (purchased 02/2019)

Message 15 of 635
quadrophenic
Apprentice

7 weeks of development and testing and device manager still isnt working! Devices showing offline.

Message 16 of 635
quadrophenic
Apprentice

Maybe we should consider downgrading again if this has potential to brick our hardware!!

Message 17 of 635
nemozac
Apprentice

Well we did wait over 52 weeks for a dhcp fix so 7 weeks is a walk in the park. Im not sure who is testing these before us...
Message 18 of 635

•  PPPoE bug with UPnP still present (list is empty but the ports do get forwarded)
  • Device manager half of my devices show offline

Requests:

• When logging in allow for a simple enter instead of having to click on the password field.
  • Move the "Logout" from "Router Admin" to the main burger menu 
  • Show us the antivirus/cloud version aka v1.23 (should make it easier to diagnose problems)

The connection benchmark works amazing on my side (havent used the sceduled tests yet)

I really enjoy the new geo filter layout 

Message 19 of 635
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@DillyDilly What devices are showing offline? Is it all wired/wifi devices or a mix? Is it specific device types like all phones for example? Have you done a factory reset since upgrading?

@nemozac can you see if you get the same error messages on Chrome on a PC please as we don’t support mobile browsers at the moment. For Device Manager same questions as above.

@OverTime247 thank you for the report on IPv6, we have made an internal ticket for this.

@Shiyam same questions for you regarding offline devices. NetM probably was due to the devices yes. Regarding traffic monitor do the devices it shows also appear in the device manager?

@z0nk Can you unplug the USBs from the router please as I’ve seen these cause issues before, then reboot the router. Then if you’re still having trouble try the TFTP process again.

@quadrophenic same questions to you regarding device manager.

@Killerelite06 We’ll pass the PPPoE/UPnP bug onto Netgear thanks. Same questions for you regarding device manager. So you want to type admin, press enter and it moves onto the password field for you to type? You could press tab instead. We have this on our own routers but not on the Netgear routers, we can look into it. Thanks for the kind words!
Message 20 of 635
quadrophenic
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser Devices missing have no common feature. I am using wired only, I have separate wireless AP handling WiFi. All different device types, phones, PC, laptop, TV, IoT etc. Also appears that if they dont show in device manager they don't show on network monitor which was the major bug of the last version. I have not performed a factory reset yet. Can you please start a locked and stickied thread that contains all firmware versions so that we can easily downgrade if required becase once again this version is unusable. 

Message 21 of 635
nemozac
Apprentice

Yep,pc chrome shows same errors for Geo Filter. Also devices which appear offline are my xbox which is on lan and phones and laptops on wifi.
Message 22 of 635
DillyDilly
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser It is a mixture of wired and wirless devices that are indicating offline.  I have done a factory reset since installing the latest beta.  The only 3.0 beta firmware where the device manager worked properly is the first 3.0 XR500 beta release.  I no longer have a copy of that firmware.  Can you post a link?

Message 23 of 635
quadrophenic
Apprentice

Device manager and network monitor worked but none of the dumaos3 features did Smiley LOL

I have the firmware I think, 2.3.2.62 right? as I will be downgrading AGAIN. 

EDIT, I have just done a 'delete all offline devices' now only 4 devices have been found and only one stays as 'online' that is an amazon echo show. God only knows where my other 30odd devices are. Even power cycling the devices doesnt bring them back. 

Message 24 of 635
z0nk
Star

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:

@z0nkCan you unplug the USBs from the router please as I’ve seen these cause issues before, then reboot the router. Then if you’re still having trouble try the TFTP process again.

Nothing is plugged in usb - both are empty, also no dust there.
Message 25 of 635
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7