× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Issue reporting thread - POST NEW ISSUES HERE (V 2.63 running DumaOS 3.0.139)

Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Issue reporting thread - POST NEW ISSUES HERE (V 2.63 running DumaOS 3.0.139)

@defiled669 we've identified that issue and it is due to IPv6, we've fixed it and will be in the next version. Are you still encountering your Geo-Filter error - does a reset fix it?

@steviev1 you are more than welcome to not use the beta version if that's what you want to do. This topic is for posting issues, if you have some to let us know about then great, otherwise please stay on topic.

@jbatten_aus There should be a fix for this, I'm not sure if it's in this version or the next. I'll try and check with NG.
Message 76 of 635
steviev1
Apprentice

Definitely on topic sir.  Posting issues.  The issue is nothing seems to work as it should and hasn't since this started.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 77 of 635
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If you could provide some specifics so I can create tickets to get them fixed I would appreciate it. Saying the features are broken and it gets worse every update doesn't give me anything to relay to the developers to improve the situation.
Message 78 of 635
steviev1
Apprentice

Hello Fraser,

From the beginning, my biggest issue was IPv6 not working with QoS.  This has never been addressed or fixed.  My post was still showing in the forum from the very beginning.  Also, the devices showing offline is a huge dealbreaker as it prevents adding them in Geo-Filter or managing them in any way.  Most all of these things as well as several others, seem to never get a real remedy.  I do not understand how all of these issues were brought to the attention of NetDuma early on, and have yet to be even remotely corrected.  Please understand that I am not upset with you in general as I know you are just helping pass info along.  It seems that all of these problems have fallen behind and all of us continually say and post the same issues over and over.  You tell us to tell you what doesn't work.  We have several times.  The NetDuma Team really needs to get their act together and quit giving us "lip service" on what is supposedly coming next.  There are some serious issues going on with NetDuma.  It is hard for me to believe that after all this time you can't get IPv6 to work...  Not even necessarily Netgears issue as it doesn't work on the R2 either.  It is amazing how I can hook up a 3 year old $100 router and it works with IPv6 and seemingly performs better that this $300 Netgear XR500.  Everything that is posted here is not new to anyone at Netduma.  You know and the developers know these problems and have not provided one fix as of yet.  We are all really tired of the back and forth with this.  In no way should this router be in the state that it is in now.  Create all the tickets you want... It means nothing if you cannot deliver results especially after we waited 7 weeks for the last one.

Message 79 of 635
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

We've fixed the IPv6 issue now so will be in the next firmware. Regarding the devices issue we couldn't reproduce it at all, so I've made a topic here requesting more information that could help. If you could post the answers to the questions there that would really help: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/Devices-appearing-offline/m-p/19645...
Message 80 of 635
TheFuzzyOne87
Apprentice

Re: UPnP Table

Hi @Netduma-Fraser 

Just an FYI that the UPnP table is seen after a factory reset Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Message 81 of 635
z0nk
Star

no, even router doens't go to tftp recovery mode (power led is inactive). Any change to gen unofficial remote support?

Message 82 of 635
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

There would be nothing to help with remotely as it's not working at all. @ChristineT would you be able to help?
Message 83 of 635
Raf1212
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser  so refreshing the page helps

Message 84 of 635
DillyDilly
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
We've fixed the IPv6 issue now so will be in the next firmware. Regarding the devices issue we couldn't reproduce it at all, so I've made a topic here requesting more information that could help. If you could post the answers to the questions there that would really help: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/Devices-appearing-offline/m-p/19645...

The device manager issue was reported 2 months ago when the last beta was released.  It is hard to believe that a bug of this magnitude could not be reproduced in the lab.  Most all of the DumaOS features do not work without a Device Manager that recognizes which devices are online and which devices are offline.  The Device Manager worked in beta version V2.3.2.62 and was broken in the next beta release (V2.3.2.63).  Do the developers keep a software revision log, so that they can go back to see what changes that were made between V2.3.2.62 and V2.3.2.63 that could have broken the Device Manager?  

Message 85 of 635
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@DillyDilly all I can go on is what the devs told me so that is why I created the topic to get as much information as possible so they can try figure it out without being able to reproduce it.
Message 86 of 635
OverTime247
Guide

Strange bug on the connection test . Said NaNbps under both upload and download on the speed test , errored halfway thru the test said it was taking to long , clicked ok and it finished but was not showing in the test history . Rebooted the router and it went back to normal.

Message 87 of 635
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@OverTime247 could you provide us with a screenshot of that if it happens again please?
Message 88 of 635
Raf1212
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser hello today again, without warning, the internet broke down on all devices in the house, restart helped, ip isp is set static

Message 89 of 635
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Raf1212 I'm trying to get clarification from the team regarding the fix for that, hopefully it will be in the next build if it's not in this one and needs to be reassesed.
Message 90 of 635
OverTime247
Guide

https://imgur.com/hD087XM  Hope i did this right , i am new at this (lol)

Message 91 of 635
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@OverTime247 that is great thank you. What device/web browser are you using to access the interface?
Message 92 of 635
OverTime247
Guide

Acer desktop computer--Google chrome

Message 93 of 635
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Thank you and what are the speeds you've entered into the bandwidth settings? Could you take a screenshot please?
Message 94 of 635
defiled669
Apprentice

how soon will they be updating the next firmware because on xr500 auto connect isnt working to well. my speed test say 900 plus up and down but the auto never pushes 700 on up and 4 hundred down, then bench mark doesnt want to test for 30 minutes and still it kills my bandwidth speed. something wrong with out put on upload speed to xbox. cannot get stable upload to xbox one x for some reason. please try to fix recieve rates on xbox they are really high compared to othe  tick rates.

Message 95 of 635
OverTime247
Guide

https://imgur.com/bGPQ8QU --240 down and 21 up

Message 96 of 635
OverTime247
Guide

https://imgur.com/OPRtyg5  Here is a picture when it errored , i thought it was odd so i took the pictures on my phone . Hope they help .

Message 97 of 635
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@defiled669 I'm not sure exactly when the next build will be available but aiming for much sooner than previously. What do you mean by auto connect exactly? If you get your speeds doing a speedtest.net then that's good and you're not being throttled, we just need to adjust the results. We can't do anything about the receive rates, that's what the router receives from the game.

@OverTime247 thank you that is helpful, if you set your bandwidth speeds manually, does it work properly on benchmark?
Message 98 of 635
OverTime247
Guide

Yes , it looked good .

Message 99 of 635
defiled669
Apprentice

there is some serious bad lag in this new update for 3,0.

i try my best to fix it but its so bad i cant even know where to start. i think its got alot to do with the qos. if i apply my xbox to the high priority it disables my qos. but at the same time this is just horrible, i uploaded the new firmware and for about 2 hours it ran great then all of a sudden it just crapped out and someone said turn off ipv6 so i gave it another try, still causing frame rate issues on xbox, and hit detection is ok not great but you die as soon as someone looks at you, you are lagging so hard you dont even have time to react

Message 100 of 635
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7