× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Issue reporting thread - POST NEW ISSUES HERE (V 2.63 running DumaOS 3.0.139)

alongcory
Aspirant

Re: Issue reporting thread - POST NEW ISSUES HERE (V 2.63 running DumaOS 3.0.139)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I never had the Ping Heatmap pinned to my dashboard.

Message 126 of 635
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Zirkawn What is your average ping shown by the Geo-Filter?

@Jakosaur how long was the uptime you had previously? There will be a new firmware soon that should be more stable.

@alongcory unless you added it manually then it won't have been there by default.
Message 127 of 635
Holagringo
Guide

Hello folks, I have been running the latest beta build for about a week and has been working pretty solid and much better than the previous build so I appreciate the effort and hard work that you guys have been putting in to get Dumaos 3.0 ready for prime time and to be released to the masses.

The only issue I have ran into and it's a pretty big one for me. I can no longer join my friends when playing online. I play on PC and have only been playing CoD Modern Warfare for the past couple of months, but ever since I started testing the beta builds, I haven't been able to join my friends which is a bummer.

Before the beta, I would switch from filtering to spectating mode on the Geofilter options, so that I could play with my friends as adding them to the "allowed list" would kick me out of the games sometimes, so this wasn't a big deal. But after uploading the beta build into the XR500 it's almost like the router is always stuck in filtering mode and I can no longer join anyone, even if I switch to Spectating mode. Any thoughts or suggestions that I could try to fix the problem?

Thank you once again for working with the community so that we can all have an awesome experience once Dumaos 3.0 is released and looking forward to hearing from you. All the best!
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 128 of 635
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Thanks for the feedback @Holagringo when you have it in spectating mode and you try to join a friend or vice versa does anything appear as blocked on the map? Do you have an Open NAT?
Message 129 of 635
Holagringo
Guide

I do have an open nat and yes, when I have it on spectating mode, my friends icons appear on the map in yellow which according to the description on the geofilter page description means that they are "blocked players".

The funny thing is I have never blocked any players and this doesn't change whether I have the slider set to filtering or spectating mode. I went as far as to restart the router and the game several times and eventually after trying for about 10 times (on spectating mode) I was finally able to join one of my friends which was in a party of 5, but as soon as the match ended I was kicked out and was never able to join them again unfortunately.

I will gladly try anything you would like to test so please feel free to let me know. Thx!
Message 130 of 635
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Could you provide a full screenshot of the Geo-Filter page please so I can try and spot if anything is amiss?
Message 131 of 635
Raf1212
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser I have this qam problem what @Holagringo ,I also have problems with entering the lobby with my friends, only my problem is on ps 4, also shows me the host icons in yellow,

Message 132 of 635
alongcory
Aspirant

@Netduma-Fraser That was never my issue. After updating my firmware the Ping Heatmap feature does not work entirely. Pinning or unpinning it to my dashboard does nothing. Please let me know what you think could resolve this issue?

ORGIGINAL POST:

"Ever since I updated the firmware to the latest version I have been getting the following issue with the Ping Heatmap. When I installed the new firmware I reset the XR500 to factory defaults. I'm still not able to use the feature. 

"Cloud data has not been downloaded. Make sure you have an internet connection and click FORCE UPDATE."

"Downloading data from the cloud has failed. Make sure you are connected to the internet, or the cloud servers are down."

https://imgur.com/EkB3ZQD

https://imgur.com/4xPb0qF

https://streamable.com/7keo7f

Message 133 of 635
Holagringo
Guide

Sure thing, here you go and please let me know if you would like me to provide any additional information.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/A4K5qZLA2NWkJ9ZR8
Message 134 of 635
Zirkawn
Aspirant

it goes from an average 80ms and then spikes to 200 and above 

Message 135 of 635
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Raf1212 you're having the same issue in Spectating Mode?

@alongcory in System Information in the Rapp panel options change number of retries to 5 and reboot the router, does it load properly then? Also can you flush the cloud on the Geo-Filter without error?

@Holagringo remove the device from the Geo-Filter then go to device manager and give the device a PlayStation device type. Go back and add the device to the Geo-Filter, does it work correctly then?

@Zirkawn what are your Ping Under Load results in Connection Benchmark?
Message 136 of 635
Zirkawn
Aspirant

Message 137 of 635
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Use Congestion Control with Always and try different percentages until you can get your Ping Under Load results down as there is definitely room for improvement there.
Message 138 of 635
Aboodi12345-
Guide

yes happend again like always when i change from Devices to Applications ..change setup on application refresh the page go back to devices setup resets the actual values completely on devieces setup https://imgur.com/JXw1Vvp  i was giving more upload and download to my ps4 

Message 139 of 635
Aboodi12345-
Guide

i think all DumaOS 3.0 testres have the smae problem .... also happpen to me wither on Filtering Mode or without it ..  u need to add the player on 

Allowed/Denied

list  .. thats the only way u can join them or they can join u ,,

Message 140 of 635
Zirkawn
Aspirant

Message 141 of 635
Zirkawn
Aspirant

also my qos dont save i even factory reset

Message 142 of 635
Zirkawn
Aspirant

Message 143 of 635
Holagringo
Guide

Thank you very much for the information provided! I did exactly as per your instructions and everything worked perfect in spectating mode; I was able to play a couple of matches with my friends and didn't have any disconnects.

One really important factor that I wanted to point out in case this helps someone else. As soon as I started playing in spectating mode, the hit registration and the overall smoothness and feeling of the game became so much better. It's almost like I'm playing a different game, so needless to say I will not be using the filtering mode any longer.

When I was playing on Xbox One the filtered mode worked pretty good, but now that I play on PC, the spectating mode works much, much better. Thanks again for the words of wisdom Mr. Fraser 😉
Message 144 of 635
Jakosaur
Guide

@Netduma-Fraser I think the uptime was over a week, as I hadn't rebooted it that week. We just experienced it again, so the uptime this time was the gap between my two messages. Couldn't load Web UI, Twitch stream carried on as usual, Tweetdeck loaded text content of tweets (no images or videos came through) & every website just failed to load. Very odd 😅

Message 145 of 635
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Thanks for the information, we have a new build being tested right now and so should hopefully be available very soon. Should be a lot more stable for everyone.
Message 146 of 635
Raf1212
Apprentice

I wanted to ask if someone also displays the icons of friends and servers a bit rearranged, will display a geographic polygon behind the lines, I ask if it is not a display error chrome

Message 147 of 635
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Could you provide a screenshot of what you are seeing please?
Message 148 of 635
Raf1212
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser the icon is moved, and it does not show ping on dedi yet, some servers also shows that, I will add that since this update I have lost packets in games

https://imgur.com/pc6uRFo

https://imgur.com/5yfhtcM

Message 149 of 635
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Does it show the ping if you manually ping it? We will have a new build very soon that should be more stable so see if it is still an issue.
Message 150 of 635
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7