× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Issue reporting thread - POST NEW ISSUES HERE (V 2.63 running DumaOS 3.0.139)

iceway_zhang
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Issue reporting thread - POST NEW ISSUES HERE (V 2.63 running DumaOS 3.0.139)

@TheFuzzyOne87 wrote:

@Netduma-Fraser 

Issues I have noticed so far:

Process that keeps failing:

[DumaOS] Ubus object 'com.netdumasoftware.dpiclass' now bound,

[DumaOS] Ubus object 'com.netdumasoftware.dpiclass' added, attempting to bind pending,

[DumaOS] process '/usr/bin/dpiclass' died restart:true,

UPNP:

Same issue as usual where port does not get cleared up. I see the page that has been created for this issue has now been removed.

The NETGEAR Nighthawk App (on iPhone):

When trying to do a Speedtest via it, the upload completes but on download it fails with the error;

Connection Failed

If the problem persists try rebooting your router.

(I have tried a reboot no difference).

On the debug page the telnet option has been removed now, imagine this is intentional but now quite annoying to track issues I was looking at, aka there is a constant arp issue being reported, not in the log to paste at the moment as a bunch of things has been updated from the 'cloud' by the looks of it, will paste that error when I see it again too.

Feels a lot better overall though! My gratitude to the team.

Thanks,

@TheFuzzyOne87 for the issue Nighthawk App (on iPhone) could not get download speed, may I know App version?

Message 226 of 635
Mark9816
Apprentice

One thing I noticed about the qs with the updated firmware. I first reset my xr500 before doing the new firmware just to make sure there would be less bugs from the old firware to the beta. In doing so the xr500 asked me to run a speed test I did so then as I set every thing up and got going I then changed to the new firmware beta, I found out I had to run the speed test again in the qs and set it up again to get the proper speeds as it had not set the speed from the original set up. So in short this will be anissue once peoples routers auto download the new firmware when its out of beta if people dont check this..In any case all seams to be working a ok so far..

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 227 of 635
niewiado
Apprentice

Fraser- is it recommended procedure to reset to factory settings once the .104 beta is installed, even if it was loaded from the official .56 and the bugs are minor? Biggest annoyance I now have is an error saying “no device found” when going to the qos page. Thanks
Message 228 of 635
D3vious
Star

Looks like QOS still does not work when using VLAN/WAN Bridge on Duma03

Limiting upload or download and de-selecting share excess bandwith - all devices can gain maximum speeds and are not limited.

This was meant to be addressed a long time ago and has somehow slipped through the patching radar?

Message 229 of 635
kralj3gs
Aspirant

New error on Android apps speedtest.

Message 230 of 635
Retired_Member
Not applicable

This is the speed test on my iPhone 7
Message 231 of 635
Retired_Member
Not applicable

this is the speed test on my computer hardwired this needs fixing cuz i have gigabit connectionCapture.PNG

Message 232 of 635
TheFuzzyOne87
Apprentice

Hi @iceway_zhang 

Version of the App I am running is the latest and greatest (version 2.6.0.13)

Thanks,

Message 233 of 635
xstefen
Aspirant

Did the first round of testers even install? I find it hard to believe this would pass internal QA at all based on what I've read. Please elaborate how, even as a beta, this could happen?

Message 234 of 635
berto11
Tutor

which one do i download
Message 235 of 635
niewiado
Apprentice

Berto11- the .img file. Not sure If a factory reset is then required or recommended after that.
Message 236 of 635
Dsilvernail
Aspirant

With the latest firmware, I installed over the latest stable oem firmware. The speed test did not work and my internet was very choppy right of the bat. So, I decided to do a factory reset and setup the router from scratch on the latest beta firm ware.

The router would not erase by holding down the reset button. When the router came back up it did not reset any settings. I tried multiple times. While the internet worked, it was not getting full speed.

I reverted back to stable oem firmaware. I then tried to reset the router using the button on the 2.0 software. the router still would not reset.

Next day i decided to try again. Same issues with the beta software but i decided to erase the router from the admin panel.

This cleared all the settings and i could set router up from scratch with 3.0 beta installed. However, i was not recieving an internet connection and could no longer get to my router settings.

I used the link given in the forum post to reach the router settings and revert back to last stable oem firmware.

Router is working fine. Latest 3.0 beta software is unusable.

@Netduma-Fraser 

Message 237 of 635
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Try holding it down a little longer or restart your router When I formatted my router everything works fine now when I first updated this router to the new 3.0 software it was a little bit glitchy but when I formatted it now it works amazing
Message 238 of 635
Dsilvernail
Aspirant

Hi @Retired_Member 

I had done that. Infact i did the 20/20/20 to try and reset. No matter what it woul dnot reset. I went into Administration/backup and hit the erase button. That did it, but the rest button was not working at all.

I have not tried it since i reverted back to latest 2.0 firmware.

Message 239 of 635
Retired_Member
Not applicable

That is good that it worked on ui on the router but when u reverted back did the button work
Message 240 of 635
Dsilvernail
Aspirant

I have not tried it yet

Message 241 of 635
Glenn693
Apprentice

hi any body know what version of the beta we should be using as iv gone bk too .56 after the internet crash the other night should i be using the .139 or .104 version can anyone link me the correct one thanks

Message 242 of 635
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Hi all, we have removed the firmware for now due to issues with connectivity etc and so if you're on the latest firmware and experiencing issues with connectivity then please downgrade to .56 until a new version is released. Any other issues please check on the next firmware whether they still occur - there is no need for us to debug issues on the firmware as it is obviously not working well.
Message 243 of 635
TheFuzzyOne87
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser 

should I downgrade or carry on running it? I have not noticed anything major besides what I have mentioned previously.

Thanks,

Message 244 of 635
Retired_Member
Not applicable

If you’re having issues that you can’t really do much with just downgrade to the older firmware
Message 245 of 635
TheFuzzyOne87
Apprentice

@Retired_Member 

yes I know if having issues the recommendation is to downgrade, I am more trying to understand for us users not having major issues on the latest beta if there is a need to downgrade or not, like is there a ticking time bomb that might happen like the other day when alot of people had issues etc.

Message 246 of 635
TheFuzzyOne87
Apprentice

Nvm, I see Fraser said stay on it if there are no issues in the other thread that someone created.

Message 247 of 635
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@TheFuzzyOne87 you're more than welcome to stay on that firmware, as we haven't found the cause yet it is possible that it happens again.
Message 248 of 635
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Before you go back to the older firmware why not format your router because that’s what I did and now my router is working fine if that doesn’t work then revert to the older firmware
Message 249 of 635
TheFuzzyOne87
Apprentice

@Retired_Member 

I am not having any major issues as stated previously.

Message 250 of 635
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7