× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Issue reporting thread - POST NEW ISSUES HERE (V 2.63 running DumaOS 3.0.139)

Raf1212
Apprentice

Re: Issue reporting thread - POST NEW ISSUES HERE (V 2.63 running DumaOS 3.0.139)

@Netduma-Fraser it means that when devices are turned on and downloading and there is no game turned on, nothing works, as soon as you start the game qos starts to split the internet correctly

Message 276 of 635
w1ldthing
Aspirant

Hybrid VPN not working with Ethernet devices but fine with same device on WI-FI.
Don’t think this is truly an issue with Hybrid VPN but more device manager get the MAC address for Ethernet ports slightly wrong.
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 277 of 635
Starworshipper
Initiate

Casting Youtube/etc via a web browser to a TV no longer works when connected via ethernet. I connected my desktop to WiFi and it lets me cast again.

Additionally, I reverted to the latest stable build and the functionality to cast when connected to ethernet came back.

Ethernet:

Layer 2.png

WiFi:

Layer 1.png

Message 278 of 635
MaGiKL
Aspirant

I know they said no need to post bugs because they are no longer working on that firmware but

Has anyone in here run into the issue where the OS isnt detecting your full Download speeds?
I have Gig internet from Xfinity roughly 950down 60Upload.
It detects my Upload just fine but it keeps saying my download is only 350
I made sure all congestion controls meters where 100% reset my qos to my devices on both upload and download and even tried Disabled All QoS
i did all the testing with only my pc plugged in via ethernet and no other devices connected wirelessly
but the funny thing is, When i do a speedtest it still shows me getting my full speeds.
but the router does not. Is it a bug? or am i missing something

Apologize if this was discussed already

Message 279 of 635
Raf1212
Apprentice

qos starts to turn off by itself, some reasons

Message 280 of 635
w1ldthing
Aspirant

Same for me.
Most other speed tests will confirm 900/100 but the best I get though the benchmark is 500/100.
Message 281 of 635
kralj3gs
Aspirant

My speed is fiber 1000/1000 mb

on router speed benchmark max 350 download 250 upload.

on netgear apps  940 / 935 mb.

Message 282 of 635
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

No need to report bugs at the moment everyone because we're not moving forward with that firmware. We'll have a new one soon, please test that instead when available.
Message 283 of 635
S1nnerReborn
Guide

Hi, 

I recently updated to the 3.0 Beta and since then I have been losing internet. Since friday night 9/11, I have unplugged my router at least 20 times to regain internet to all my devices. I do not know why, but ever since the update I have had to do this. I hope this brings something new to the issues which can be worked on the the final release.

Message 284 of 635
Raf1212
Apprentice

@S1nnerReborn proposes a return to the last stable version 56, you have to wait for the next beta version 

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/XR500/XR500-V2.3.2.56.zip

Message 285 of 635
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

As above, please downgrade to the pre beta firmware until we release a more stable version.
Message 286 of 635
Mark9816
Apprentice

Netduma-Fraser . As of today I did go back to the software 56 as recommended but I would like to take the time to give you guys some hopefully valuable info for the next beta software for the XR500 your working on that I found out and some comparisons as well that my help you guy's. 1st off I have the Xr500 and the new R2 routers and one of the biggest things I notice when I got the R2 was how much less in ping spike I got off of running the same ping assist servers as the XR500. I found with the XR500 when switching it to the beta it did in fact help to lower the ping spike a bit. On the 56 software with a ping set to 25ms I would get spikes some times as high as 45ms and as low as 15ms. On the beta software ping set to 25ms the highest spikes I seen where around 32ms and as low as 16ms. And on the R2 router there even less spiky even a very smooth graph on the same servers in the same game's. So its just something for you guy's to look in to for the next beta software and the final version. The second thing I notice was with using the bench test app. On the R2 I always get A+ in each category on the XR500 it was the same except on the last category the load category it was an A but the green was not fully filled in and no matter what I did running the test made any difference to the test result. Third when switching to the beta software the QS did not keep my speeds set so I had to run the test again. When switching back the the 56 software my QS speeds I had set of 117 down and 6 upload where kept just fine. I would like to thank you guy's for letting me take part in the beta testing and I hope you find this info helpful and Ill be looking for ward to the next beta software to come.

Message 287 of 635
D3vious
Star

@netdumafraser just checking you saw the above post?
Message 288 of 635
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Yes I have seen it thank you. With the instability of that firmware it's impossible to say what it could have affected so will be best to have a proper test when the new firmware is out. Also the R2 runs much more up to date software than the .56 version so I'm not surprised that there are some differences. Once they are aligned they should both perform much better.
Message 289 of 635
D3vious
Star

@netdumafraser

Sorry I meant the vlan/wan bridge issue where qos does not work when connected via VLAN. This was an issue that was meant to be addressed in this firmware. It means that we still have to have another device connected infront or the xr500 if we want it to function as intended.

Has this, or is this, being addressed?
Message 290 of 635
Tripper_
Guide

@netdumafraser

Why does Traffic Prioritization always stay on unlike on the R2 it only turns on when connected to a game server?

Message 291 of 635
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@D3viuous understood, thanks for clarifying. QoS should be more solid now so I think so. Try the firmware again now, do a factory reset and then let us know if there are any issues regarding that please.

@Tripper_ how have you added the device to Traffic Prioritization exactly?
Message 292 of 635
Glenn693
Apprentice

Only problem am getting on update 104 is when i come to do a connection test i press run test and all it does is a red thing spins next too the run test and nothing happens on the speed test , ping test or ping test underload then after a while it will just log me out of the xr500 and il have to sign back in
Message 293 of 635
Tripper_
Guide

@Netduma-FraserI'm just using DumaOS Classified Games

Message 294 of 635
jblack68
Apprentice

Congestion Control Pinned on the Dashboard causes the *applying settings* when you load up the dashboard every time

Message 295 of 635
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Glenn693 What device/platform are you using to access it?

@Tripper_ was the console already on even if in standby mode?

@jblack68 did you change the settings on the dashboard prior to this occurring?
Message 296 of 635
jblack68
Apprentice

Hello,

No i did the settings on the actual page and then pinned it on the page.

Message 297 of 635
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@jblack68 if you unpin it and then pin it back again does it do it without the applying settings?
Message 298 of 635
LevelUpLiam24
Apprentice

Hey all,

I'm getting an error with a persistent blank panel on the dashboard (I suspect this was something I had pinned previously). There's no icon to unpin then panel now and when I try to resize (which is the only action available) the following error prompts - 'Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'notifyResize' of undefined'

Is there a control/override to just reset the pins on the dashboard? I recent did a factory reset and I'd rather not go through the entire process again if I can avoid it.

Other than this occurrence and the odd device showing as offline in Device Manager, absolutely fantastic!

Message 299 of 635
Glenn693
Apprentice

Freser am using Google chrome
Message 300 of 635
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7