× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Issue reporting thread - POST NEW ISSUES HERE (V 2.63 running DumaOS 3.0.139)

Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Issue reporting thread - POST NEW ISSUES HERE (V 2.63 running DumaOS 3.0.139)

Message 576 of 635
Snowaura
Guide

I don't like to keep posting here so this will probably be my last post. I just wanted to say i can't get 2.4ghz wifi stable on .108, i have not tested 5ghz much at all to tell if its unstable, but i have older devices and don't want to use both radios. I get frequent disconnects, i dont know if its because i prefer to use lower power, but i use lower power settings on my other router, i always make sure i get full bars on the device i connect with. I hope netgear or netduma look at adding more professional settings to fine tune 2.4ghz wifi specially if its in an environment with some interference or work on its driver or something. My other routers 2.4ghz wifi connection is basically perfect never get disconnects, i just don't like the qos on it 100%, cant share excess bandwidth when bandwidth limiting. I just hope maybe in the future i can come back and use my xr500, i am glad i got it on discount, cus its basically unusable even on non beta firmware with the wifi dropping constantly. I don't mean to add to all the negative comments, cus i am sure a lot of hard work is going into the firmware.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 577 of 635
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Are you saying you've lowered the Wireless power on the XR? What do you mean you can't share excess bandwidth when limiting exactly?
Message 578 of 635
minino
Apprentice

hi, thanks for the new update, the hit detection in apex legends has notably improved, it still doesn't work all right as it keeps giving me some ping but it is much better compared to the previous version. on the other hand, the activated geofilter still expels many times in apex. Otherwise well. I have 1gb -1gb which qos is recommended?
Message 579 of 635
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Glad to hear that! We'll keep improving as we still need to do a cloud. Honestly you probably don't need to use QoS as you're very unlikely to get local congestion. Traffic Prioritization would still be good though to prioritize your gaming.
Message 580 of 635
Snowaura
Guide

@Netduma-FraserI was talking about my other router, doesn't have excess bandwidth option, its why i was wanting to use my xr500. If netgear run tests, iv lowered all the settings on 2.4ghz wifi on the xr500, i disabled mu-mimo and set it to only use 20mhz channel and lowered wifi power to 50%. It is possible it would be more stable if i was using 2 channels with 40mhz band wifi. I just don't want more than 1 wifi radio being beamed around the house. I also have neighbours over lapping the wifi channel i use which is 11. But my other router seems to have no problems with it, with everything lowered that i just talked about.

Message 581 of 635
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Snowaura thanks for the information, you're the first person I've heard of who lowers the power and really the only person having this issue so they are most likely related. You're subject to more interference without co-existence so that's probably got something to do with as well. MU-MIMO would help with this also. Basically you've adjust the WiFi settings to their worst states so it isn't too surprising. Use a WiFi analyzer to find the least congested channel and then change to that.
Message 582 of 635
Snowaura
Guide

@Netduma-FraserIt would be a slower state, i wouldn't exactly say worst, the thing is the slower state is fine with my other router, it would have better drivers and settings to keep it stable no matter what "state" i use. I just feel like you maybe missing the point.

Message 583 of 635
Snowaura
Guide

Just to make it clear, i have almost exactly the same settings set on the xr500 as i do with my other router that works fine on 2.4ghz wifi with lowered settings, except my other router has more settings to make things stable and better drivers obviously. I have analyzed wifi near by for the best channel, and i use the same channel on my other router and xr500. It is okay to say i am the only one having the problem, but one other person did complain, if u read back a bit. I am probably one of the few people on this forum who uses 2.4ghz wifi or one of the only people bringing up the issue that the drivers are no good for 2.4ghz wifi on the xr500 it should almost not matter what setting it is set to. Netduma have had massive issues with the wifi on the R2, so i am not just imagining something, the only other variable that may be happening is the unit could be defecitve, but i doubt that. I don't think it helps trying to say its the settings i am using when my other router is fine and ignoring that there is a very good possibility that the firmware and drivers for 2.4ghz are just buggy and not that good.

Message 584 of 635
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Snowaura XR500 isn't our hardware so we haven't had any input on the WiFi as with the R2. I can't compare to another device, all I can do is identify potential areas which could be causing the issue. I'm not ruling out that there is an issue at all but if we can help the team narrow it down by saying either way whether it's these settings then it will speed up a fix otherwise it's kind of trying to find a needle in a haystack. Could you try with the full settings briefly and see if the issues occur?
Message 585 of 635
Snowaura
Guide

@Netduma-FraserI have tried full settings, eventually it disconnects and can be very hard to reconnect, I have other routers and are pretty stable on 2.4ghz compared to the xr500. There isn't anything else i can do, i think it just comes down to the firmware and drivers, or it could be faulty, if you believe it is ment to be stable.

Message 586 of 635
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Snowaura okay thank you, I will pass this on to the NG team and see if they can reproduce it.
Message 587 of 635
dewayne221
Tutor

is 3.0.139 availible for xr 450?

Message 588 of 635
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@dewayne221 the latest is .108 which is available for both. The topics can be found at the top of the main beta page.
Message 589 of 635
Razor512
Prodigy

The router auto updated from firmware version 1.0.0.50 to firmware version 1.0.0.52.

The latest auto update for the XR1000 effectively broke the web UI.

haserl CGI Error

Failed to readline from 'config get DumaOS_Theme_Version'

The URL it tries to load, is http://192.168.1.1/ndindex.html

Screenshot_2021-01-04 Screenshot(1).png

Message 590 of 635
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Razor512 could you post in the normal forum please? Also do a factory reset and it should resolve it.
Message 591 of 635
iMoD1998
Star

Seems network monitor/device manager doesnt detect most linux based devices as being online also noticed that wifi signal doesnt work either.

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 592 of 635
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@iMoD1998 that's interesting, I will have to get the developers to test that. Regarding WiFi do you mean it doesn't appear as a joinable network on linux based devices?
Message 593 of 635
iMoD1998
Star

@Netduma-Fraser when i say wifi signal i mean the column in device manager for example:

image.png

then here i noticed its all my linux devices dont show as online even a raspberry pi

Message 594 of 635
iMoD1998
Star

image.png

Message 595 of 635
iMoD1998
Star

image wont upload

Message 596 of 635
iMoD1998
Star

Message 597 of 635
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Ahh I see thank you @iMoD1998 and all other devices are showing a signal strength correctly? Thank you, I'll get the team to look into that.
Message 598 of 635
iMoD1998
Star

@Netduma-Fraser all wireless devices dont show signal strength even those on 2.4ghz.

Message 599 of 635
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@iMoD1998 thank you for the reports, I've passed them both over to the developers.
Message 600 of 635
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7